What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you can!Now I will say it's not vegan,but I'm betting there are substitutions that could easily be made.
Thanks for the recipe. It sounds really good. I'm vegetarian, not vegan, so I can eat the ingredients listed but I might use a replacement for the eggs and carrots instead of raisins.

Last night I had pasta in a white sauce with tofu, cole slaw and tater tots. Last night there was a kerfuffle in the dinning room over the seating. I thought I was liked by most of the staff and the residents here but I am not. I will be eating a lot tomato sandwiches in my room and will have pizza and Chinese food delivered in the future. I no longer have anybody here I can talk to or trust.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Stuffed peppers....made my usual rice filling but instead of burger,I used cooked lentils...delicious!I
What a good idea to use cooked lentils. :idea: My mom used hamburger meat but I bet lentils would have tasted good.

I had spinach tortellini with marinara and spinach salad. DH is not a big fan of spinach so he had four-cheese tortellini instead. Clementine for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a good idea to use cooked lentils. :idea: My mom used hamburger meat but I bet lentils would have tasted good.

I had spinach tortellini with marinara and spinach salad. DH is not a big fan of spinach so he had four-cheese tortellini instead. Clementine for dessert.
I have watched a couple of videos lately with Jamie Oliver,and he used the cooked lentils in his pasta sauce instead of meat.What he had actually were these foil pouches of seasoned cooked lentils that he just opened and dumped in his sauce,so I thought why not use them in other things as a replacement.I cooked a pound with lots of onion,carrot,celery,a bay leaf and garlic,and I think I used a little less than a cup mixed in with the rice,onion,green pepper trimmings and chopped tomato,so I froze enough of the filling for stuffed peppers again.I also have 2 small containers of just the lentils for pasta sauce,and the rest I split into 2 containers to make a couple of meals worth of lentil veggie soup.What I love too is that package of lentils was under $2 at Aldis and look at all the meals!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two slices of pizza which were delicious and a romaine salad.

I went downstairs for dinner last night. Things were calmer then they were the night before. I need to keep in mind that most of the residents here are in different stages of dementi and I should not be offended by things they say and do. One of the young servers told a resident to sit at my table because "Miss Ellen was the nicest person here". It's not true but it was so sweet of him to say that. After the rough week I've had it was nice to hear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. I should be in bed, asleep. HOWEVER...they are rehabbing the apartment next to mine, and the maintenance crew is hammering and sawing and drilling right behind my headboard, so here I am. I hope to be napping when I'm usually on. Lunch, of course, will be French toast, once again. Dinner will be whatever is on top of the pile...or possibly a stew made of the maintenance crew.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner will be whatever is on top of the pile...or possibly a stew made of the maintenance crew.
Don't forget to put ketchup on top of that stew of maintenance workers. :lol:

I think I'm going to have soup tonight, either lentil or vegetable w/kale, and a roll. DH bought fresh rolls at the bakery so that will go well with the soup. A few dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert and a honeycrisp apple.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the recipe. It sounds really good. I'm vegetarian, not vegan, so I can eat the ingredients listed but I might use a replacement for the eggs and carrots instead of raisins.

Last night I had pasta in a white sauce with tofu, cole slaw and tater tots. Last night there was a kerfuffle in the dinning room over the seating. I thought I was liked by most of the staff and the residents here but I am not. I will be eating a lot tomato sandwiches in my room and will have pizza and Chinese food delivered in the future. I no longer have anybody here I can talk to or trust.
This is so crappy for you. I hope you have someone else nearby.

Tonight I had leftover spaghetti. I did a massive grocery haul early this morning, and I keep the junk food on the very top cabinet so if I want it I have to drag a step stool over. I've had that stupid step stool out already. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch was the other half of my calzone from last night's takeout- green pepper, mushrooms, onions, mozzarella cheese, ricotta, marinara sauce on the side.

Dinner: Brother brought subs from Subway. I had: Veggie Delight on Italian Bread with mayo, american cheese, lettuce, spinach, tomato, onion, cucumber, black olives, jalapenos, banana peppers, parmesan cheese, parmesan vinaigrette, pickles, black pepper.

I ate half of it and saved the other half. I also added half a fresh chopped habanero pepper to it that my brother brought me! Fiery!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I took 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, placed in zip lock bags. Added a splash of red wine olive oil salad dressing and refrigerated. Today I turned them over whenever I happened to think of it.

This evening I brown thighs in oil (stove will need a major clean up.) Removed and set aside. Sauteed sliced mushrooms, red onion, sweet red pepper. Returned thighs. Added a small can of diced tomatoes. Covered, simmered on moderate heat.

Served with pappardelle (very broad) noodles and microwave steamed broccoli. Chicken very tender and delicious.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That sounds delicious. Did you make it yourself or did you buy it already made?

Last night I had a stir fry with green and red peppers, onions and tofu, steak fries and coleslaw. They had cat fish on the menu. UGH!!!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
muffy muffy that stir fry sounds so delicious! I'm going to have one tonight as well, I bought some green onions yesterday, and want to use them up before they get all soggy. They last longer if I shove a paper towel in there with them, but I like when they're really crisp and I barely cook them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.