What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a fried egg and cheese sandwich on toast.
What is a fried egg? Like over easy or sunny side up? Not scrambled?

mac & cheese, spinach,
Yum. I'll have to try mac & cheese with spinach.

Lunch: Snack Plate-- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Sliced Almonds, Walnuts, Wheat Thin Crackers, Banana Chips, Finished up the Heluva Good Extra Sharp Cheese, Finished up the 1TB YS Organic Raw Honey, 1TB Howard's Hot Relish, 1TB Great Value Honey Mustard, 1TB Butter. I really like this honey mustard! It's not dressing or dip this time, it's regular mustard.

Dinner: Taco Salad made with a can of Amy's Black Bean Chili, Rice, Tostitos Habanero Salsa, Garlic Parsley Salt, Black Pepper, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Shredded Cheese, From The Ground Up Butternut Squash Tortilla Chips. The squash tortilla chips were disappointing, not sweet at all and kind of bland.
1645668462032.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi Yeah, basically, it's an egg (or two) that's dropped in the pan, then flipped over, cooked until it's done. We used buttered toast, with a few slices of crispy bacon on top. I also had a thin slice of Cabot's habanero cheddar to top mine off. Rick likes his fried egg pretty hard; I like to bite into my sandwich and have the yolk run out. (Darn. Now I want another one.) There may be other versions of fried eggs; some people like them scrambled.

He went for hoagies last night; honestly, when you haven't had a hoagie in forever, they're pretty darn good. The sub shop makes its own buns and they're really good.

For tonight, we have leftover brats in the freezer from last week. Brats and, I'm thinking, doctored baked beans from a can.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is a fried egg? Like over easy or sunny side up? Not scrambled?
M maggiedemi Yeah, basically, it's an egg (or two) that's dropped in the pan, then flipped over, cooked until it's done. We used buttered toast, with a few slices of crispy bacon on top. I also had a thin slice of Cabot's habanero cheddar to top mine off. Rick likes his fried egg pretty hard; I like to bite into my sandwich and have the yolk run out. (Darn. Now I want another one.) There may be other versions of fried eggs; some people like them scrambled.
I called my egg fried, but actually I guess it was a form of scrambled egg, as I cracked it into a bowl, whisked it to combine the yolk and white, added a tablespoon of water, then dumped it in the skillet, then shaped it into a bread sized square, and cooked till it was totally dry, flipping a couple times. Then plunked it on the toast, and topped with a slice of cheese. which I let melt a bit in the toaster oven.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy You are always welcome here!

Last night, was a chicken cutlet marinaded for 4 hours, and then grilled. Served with mashed potatoes and gravy. I must say, it was very good. I did not want the mashed potatoes and gravy, as I had a salad; but they insisted!!

The head chef is on vacation. We are discovering the Assistant is much more talented... and takes more chances.. I want him to be in charge of the non-kosher kitchen....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no idea what tonight will be. This is, actually the "middle of the night" for me, but after lying in bed, wide awake for 3 hours, I gave up and got up. Figured I'd get here before I reached the point of drooling idiocy from lack of sleep! PROBABLY meatload for lunch, and chicken fried rice for supper, but that could change 3-4 times between now and time to eat.

muffy muffy , Darlin', not only are you always welcome here, you are loved and missed when you are gone.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy You are always welcome here!

[QUOTE="Mamanyt1953, post: 5488038

muffy muffy , Darlin', not only are you always welcome here, you are loved and missed when you are gone.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that means a lot to me.

I didn't want to go to dinner tonight so I stayed in my room and had some left over vegetable lo mein I had delivered on Tuesday. I'm also going to have of a slice of cheese cake I got at Walmart.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making DH bbq chicken and rice with a salad but not sure about myself yet - maybe garden vegetable soup w/pasta noodles or just a sweet potato and avocado on the side. :dunno: I had a big lunch so not overly hungry. Dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, was a junk food day... nibbling all day long...
I swear the temp cook in charge, likes me---or he is appeasing me.. There was a choice of marinate turkey tips or salmon..
I asked him to choose for me... what he thought was the best option.. He said he ate both of them, so had no preference... He said; Do you want a little of both.. I said, Sure.... tomorrow is a snow storm--8 inches... so only delivery service..

I asked for a tiny bit of each; as I already had a salad picked out. He gave me both a full serving of salmon, a full serving of turkey tips, roasted potato, .... and broccoli.....

I swear, he is so much better than the "official" head "Chief".... sigh.....

I ate the 2 small pieces of salmon, and the salad---from yesterday. I have the turkey tips, broccoli, and potato for tomorrow...
Along with today's salad...
I do not hink I odered antihignexpect a small salad an a piece of chicken for tomorrow.... IF, I get it ... The delivery servers has the worst food...

Because of the predicted 8 inches of snow, they will all be leaving early; hence, the early delivery.. and short staffed.. daytime storm....

I have a ton of food in refrigerator and freezer.. so I am good for more than 2 weeks of food!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
popeyes fried chicken with red beans and rice as my sides :lol:gonna gas out gf all night

I haven't had Popeyes chicken in forever :drool: There used to be one at a local mall when I was growing up. Years later another Popeye opened near a university but that closed just before the pandemic, something about the building being sold to a developer who was going to tear it down and put some fancy modern building in.

Tonight was a Tuscan chicken I pulled out of the freezer.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He went for hoagies
Is a hoagie a sub with bologna on it?

then shaped it into a bread sized square
That sounds like an omelet.

Lunch: Snack Plate- 1 Gala Apple, Goldfish Jalapeno Crackers, Wheat Thin Crackers, 2TB Maple Coffee Peanut Butter, 1TB Avocado Honey, 1TB Butter, 2 Slices Muenster Cheese cut up in squares. The Avocado Honey was a little too dark, tasted like Molasses, but might be good for cooking. I didn't care for the Maple Coffee Peanut Butter either, the coffee was gritty and it wasn't very sweet. It's also rather thin. I'll try it on a bagel.
1645755364303.png
1645755388086.png

Dinner: Gluten Free Penne with Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce, baked with Shredded Cheese on top. I added 1/8Tsp Black Pepper, 1/8Tsp Garlic Parsley Salt, 1/2TB Franks Garlic Hot Sauce, Goldfish Jalapeno Crackers. It was pretty good, but not very sweet. Needs some honey or something.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had Popeyes chicken in forever
Their chicken sandwiches are the best. Most of the time when there's a hype around a fast food item, I don't like it (McRibs, Shamrock Shakes, etc.) but their sandwiches are legit. And the spicy one actually has spicy breading unlike certain spicy chicken sandwiches that only have spicy sauce.
Is a hoagie a sub with bologna on it?
It's just another name for a sub, hero, grinder, etc. I think hoagie is mostly Pennsylvanian.

I had Annie's boxed mac & cheese with peas, bacon bits, and shredded rotisserie chicken. Not bad but I dropped a noodle down the burner and scorched the bottom of the pan so now the whole house smells like burned noodles :/.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had Popeyes chicken in forever :drool: There used to be one at a local mall when I was growing up. Years later another Popeye opened near a university but that closed just before the pandemic, something about the building being sold to a developer who was going to tear it down and put some fancy modern building in.

Tonight was a Tuscan chicken I pulled out of the freezer.
White Castle used to have Popeye's at some of their stores. Was pretty good, maybe because they moved it through pretty regularly. Now, Popeye's has opened its own store near me. Every time I go in there, what I get is old enough to have its own driver's license.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I swear the temp cook in charge, likes me---or he is appeasing me.
I hope it's the first one, i.e. he likes you. 🤗

popeyes fried chicken with red beans and rice as my sides :lol:gonna gas out gf all night
I swear you have a lot in common with my husband besides just hockey. :flail:

I'm planning to have one of my bowls tonight - brown rice with broccoli, green onions, sliced carrots, stewed tomatoes and black beans.
DH is having one of his favorites - turkey burger sandwich on an onion roll with swiss cheese. I have two golden delicious apples left then I'll be glad to go back to the honeycrisps.

Status
Not open for further replies.