What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night they gave me cheese ravioli, green beans and a roll. The green beans had ham and I did not want the roll. The portion of ravioli they gave me was very small. The lady sitting across from me had twice as much ravioli as they gave me. Whenever I get dessert I notice it is always smaller than the person that is sitting with me. I'm starting to get a complex.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Snack Plate-- 2TB Maple Coffee Peanut Butter seemed to taste better warmed up in the microwave! I had it on crackers, but I wish I had some vegetarian nuggets to try it on. Wheat Thin Crackers, finished up the Goldfish Jalapeno Crackers, Banana Chips, 1 Cutie Orange, 1 Slice Banana Cinnamon Bread, 1TB Butter, 1TB Honey Mustard, 2 Slices Swiss Cheese.

Dinner: Leftover Butternut Squash Soup with Rice. I added 1TB of Avocado Honey, which was okay, kinda sweet like molasses though. It might go better in a stir-fry.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch (somewhere around midnight tonight) will be biscuits and gravy. I know that. Dinner is still up for grabs. I have a whole week's worth of lunches and dinners from Mom's Meals. They're very good for prepackaged meals. Refrigerated, not frozen, delivered to my door. I'd love to be able to afford them all month long. I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever put it over spaghetti? It's so good.
Kat0121 Kat0121 I have never had chili over spaghetti. It does sound good though.

My dad will only eat chili with rice. Always has. So that's what I grew up on. Everybody here thinks it's weird. Sure, Nebraskans will eat their chili served over a cinnamon roll, but apparently rice is just a bridge too far, lol.
W Willowy Chili over a cinnamon roll? No, thank you.

Last night, I threw chicken thighs in the NFG. And put scalloped potatoes in the oven. I used a way-too-small dish for the potatoes and they cooked out. As soon as I saw it, I put foil on the rack below, so it really wasn't that bad. My poor yellow Fiesta baker looked horrible. A good soaking with Dawn and I sprayed the outer edge with Powerwash and it all came off. And I put the oven on a 3-hour clean. All is good.

Tonight will be a small slice of ham with leftover scalloped potatoes and a salad. Apple pie for dessert (it's just from the freezer).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Snack Plate-- Wheat Thin Crackers, Goldfish Sharp Crackers, one slice of Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, Banana Chips, Butternut Squash Tortilla Chips, 1/4 Cup Maple Coffee Peanut Butter finished it up.

Dinner: Finished up the leftover Butternut Squash Soup

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Rick makes (or buys) will be supper tonight.

I started streaming Barefoot Contessa last night. Rick calls her the Snobby Contessa, but I always liked Ina and I have never, ever had any of her recipes fail. I used to watch her all the time on Food Network before they switched over to Guy and his crap and all the competition shows. Haven't watched FN in years. So, for me, it was a pleasure to watch Ina again on D+. And now? I've got a hankering for Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken. Maybe for Saturday night. It's so good!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Ina! What was her phrase: So Easy? or something like that.....I do miss watching REAL Cooking shows.. I have had enough of the competition shows.

Yesterday was marinated cHoney Mustard Chicken breast on a hamburger roll with lettuce and tomato. It was ok... got a lot of sliver skin and tendon in the chicken breast. They were serving or with potato salad..
The other choice was salmon--had that last week, with rice and mixed veggies...

Today is most likely a Cheeseburger. I guess they had a overload of hamburger buns! The other option is some kind of chicken.. always chicken! BLAH... I am going to start clucking soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.