What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"How easy is that?" I love Ina and her tv show but have to admit that I've never actually made one of her recipes :paperbag: Ina makes it looks easy but I'm :dizzy: just looking at the recipe instructions.

The only competition show I'll watch is Chopped. I don't care for the others, especially the ones with Guy.

Dinner is still leftover baked chicken.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch. Cabot Seriously Sharp Mac & Cheese with Goldfish Sharp Crackers on top. I don't know what I keep doing wrong, but it tasted really salty and not good. I thought maybe I was scorching the sauce, but I only left the pot on Low and it was rather cold. What am I doing wrong???!!! When I make the microwave cups they are fine, but the box Mac & Cheese always tastes salty and bad. Should I stir the cheese powder in gradually? I just dump it in all at once.

Dinner: It was supposed to be a Frittata, but we ended up scrambling it, so it kinda tasted like hash. Eggs, Mixed Veggies, Rice, Cheese. Pretty good. I put Ketchup and Frank's Garlic Hot Sauce on it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday I met my daughter in the city for lunch. I had spaghetti squash casserole and flourless chocolate cake for dessert. I wasn't very hungry for dinner so just had cereal with blueberries.

DH really wanted my pasta casserole again and since we get a lot of leftovers from it I said okay. Back to honeycrisp apples for dessert.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started streaming Barefoot Contessa last night. Rick calls her the Snobby Contessa, but I always liked Ina and I have never, ever had any of her recipes fail. I used to watch her all the time on Food Network before they switched over to Guy and his crap and all the competition shows.
I totally agree with Rick. I can't stand that women. I don't like all the competition shows either and can't stand Guy, Bobby, and Giadia. I do like Chopped and the Kitchen.

Tonight I had a side salad and one of my Italian sausages the kitchen cooked for me. Last night I had a side salad and some of my meatballs the kitchen cooked for me. They have not had cottege cheese in over a week. If I want any protein I have to supply it myself.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a barbecued pork thingy...looked kinda like a McRib that had been on a diet, and seasoned corn. Seasoned with what? AIR? S&P took care of that, just fine. Dinner will be...um...whatever is on top of the pile.

I did buy a can of crescent biscuits to make pigs in blankets, and a jar of Cheese Whiz (NOT CANNED EASY CHEESE!!!), because I could not figure out how to make the cheese and onions stay on the roll when I rolled up the dogs! I'll heat the Cheese Whiz, and then stir diced onions into it, and use it as a dip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Ina's recipes are actually pretty easy, but she tends to use a lot of dishes. I've tried many of them and they're always so good. Some of them (her Asparagus with Leeks and her Sagaponek Corn Pudding and Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken) have become family favorites. She tends to use a lot of butter and oil, too; I've learned to take whatever she says and halve the amounts. Esp for her Pan-Fried Onion Dip; if you use what she says, you'll have a greasy mess! The Dip is simply excellent, but you have to use your own judgement on the butter and oil. She has a recipe for Oreo Brownies that, honestly, is just wonderful. Just don't make it for just yourself; it makes a ton of brownies and you WILL eat them! I make the whole pan, but share with our neighbors and with my sister and BIL. I started Season 2 last night. She and Jeffrey make me smile.

I've tried recipes from America's Test Kitchen and, honestly, the dishes and bowls they use for one recipe can sometimes make my head spin. It's downright ridiculous. I said that one time in a review of a bread recipe. Did not go over well. But it's true.

OK, dinner tonight....I'm doing roast beef in the NFG. With popovers (rather than Yorkshire pudding), plenty of gravy for the popovers and the mashed potatoes. Roasted butternut. Grilled Caesar salad. The rest of the apple pie with a bit of ice cream for dessert. Should be good. And leftover beef for hot sandwiches tomorrow.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She has a recipe for Oreo Brownies that, honestly, is just wonderful. Just don't make it for just yourself; it makes a ton of brownies and you WILL eat them! I make the whole pan, but share with our neighbors and with my sister and BIL.
No worries. I don't like Oreos.

I have half a chicken tikka Naan sandwich leftover from lunch that I'll have for dinner.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tilapia fillet dusted with flour, dipped in beaten egg, coated with breadcrumbs. Heat a film of oil in frying pan, brown fillets. Squeeze lime over fillets, turn down heat, cover pan.

When done serve with long grain rice, microwave steamed broccoli, and a wedge of lime to squeeze over the fish.

Came out very nice.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roasted pork loin,mashed potatoes,gravy and green beans.My local grocery store had the half loins on sale for $1.49 a pound,so 3 of them are in my freezer and this one I cut 4 thick chops (to stuff I think) and the rest was a beautiful roast.They also had 10 lb. bags of leg quarters for .49 a lb....I put a few of them in the freezer too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did one meal for Ash Wednesday, and it was a pb&j and potato chips for lunch.
Do you have to fast or something?

Lunch: 2 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, with 1 sliced up Banana on top, with Butter and Avocado Honey. This honey is too dark, tastes like molasses. Might be good cooked in stir-fry.

Dinner: Taco Salad made with rice, hot habanero diced tomatoes, hot habanero salsa, black beans, salt, pepper, guacamole, sour cream, Mozzarella Cheese, finished up the butternut squash tortilla chips, finished up the Howards Hot Relish. I really liked both habanero items, nice and spicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.