What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had spaghetti, sisters didn't finish their food so the cat got into it :lol:
The cat that I had as a kid loved my mother's spaghetti. Every time we had it for dinner she had to give him his share.

I have that in the freezer. I'm going to ask the kitchen to cook it for me. They seem to be comming out with more and more plant based food.

Tonight I had cole slaw, hush puppies, meat balls that I brought in and chocolate cream pie. The cook puts BQ sauce on my meat balls and they are very good. They also have good cole slaw here. I could make a meal out on it alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am making a big pot of beef vegetable soup this afternoon, so we'll have some of that for dinner tonight, along with either cat head biscuits or strawberry surprise muffins, depending on the mood I'm in. It's really cold out, so it's a good day for a hearty soup.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was chicken, boiled potatoes, and a carrot, celery, green pea medley (hot.) Tonight will be meatloaf, something done with potatoes (shred and fry up as potato cake, cut in half then rub with oil and brown in oven as meatloaf cooks, or . . . time will tell) and steamed Brussels sprouts, I think.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was chicken, boiled potatoes, and a carrot, celery, green pea medley (hot.) Tonight will be meatloaf, something done with potatoes (shred and fry up as potato cake, cut in half then rub with oil and brown in oven as meatloaf cooks, or . . . time will tell) and steamed Brussels sprouts, I think.
Please add another place setting for me. Dinner sounds delicious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am making a big pot of beef vegetable soup this afternoon, so we'll have some of that for dinner tonight, along with either cat head biscuits or strawberry surprise muffins, depending on the mood I'm in. It's really cold out, so it's a good day for a hearty soup.
No carrots. No celery. Darn. Thankfully, I realized it before I started adding my other ingredients. I do have peppers and kidney beans.
And just like that, my big pot of beef vegetable soup became a big pot of chili. To be served over a bed of rice as per Dear Richard. Along with the cat head biscuits that I will brush with melted garlic butter.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No carrots. No celery. Darn. Thankfully, I realized it before I started adding my other ingredients. I do have peppers and kidney beans.
And just like that, my big pot of beef vegetable soup became a big pot of chili. To be served over a bed of rice as per Dear Richard. Along with the cat head biscuits that I will brush with melted garlic butter.
Have you ever put it over spaghetti? It's so good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I added rotini pasta to my garden vegetable soup and think I like it better that way. DH had a sandwich from the bbq chicken I made the other night along with a big salad. We both had apples for dessert.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be served over a bed of rice as per Dear Richard
My dad will only eat chili with rice. Always has. So that's what I grew up on. Everybody here thinks it's weird. Sure, Nebraskans will eat their chili served over a cinnamon roll, but apparently rice is just a bridge too far, lol.

Fish sticks and rice tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nebraskans will eat their chili served over a cinnamon roll
That's so weird! But maybe it would taste good...

Lunch: 2 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 1/4 Cup Maple Coffee Peanut Butter, 1 Sliced Banana on top.

Dinner: Imagine Foods Butternut Squash Soup Carton, added Cannellini Beans, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Apples, Cinnamon Honey Sugar, Maple Syrup, Goldfish Jalapeno Crackers. Their "flavor blasted" crackers are much better tasting than these.

Status
Not open for further replies.