What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I got the 'Veggie" Burger... except it was not a 'veggie' burger. The cook, made it a point to tell me, it was an Impossible Burger! I guess there is a big difference.. still a Veggie burger, to me---since it does not contain meat.

It was ok. I am not raving about it. It is ok... yes, a substitute for ground beef. The nice grill marks were very tasty. It does have the appearance of meat; however, there is a big difference in taste.. close, but not equal.

A nice black been burger would have been a good option, also... but.. I have not had that for several years. also.

Glad I did not have to 'buy' it. It is available for supper---special order. I have been curious of the Impossible Burgers, since they came out. With all my GI issues, I did not want to spend money on something which could upset my GI Track.

When I looked up the ingredients, I was surprised to see that it contains dextrose, and soy.. I am supposed to stay away from all "..ose". all artificial sweeteners.. and soy, due to several GI issues.. I was ok, just a bit gassy, a couple hours after eating it.. Will see how today goes.

muffy muffy Where are you? Have not seen you post for a wile...
I thought people were getting tired of my bitching and moaning about the food here so I stopped posting in this section.

I never had an Impossible Burger. I thought they were just another veggy burger. I would love to try a home made veggy burger but I not able to make it. I don't buy them at the store because I don't like the store brought ones.

Sorry, but I have to complain about last night' s dinner. They had Sweet & Sour Chicken, or Baked Zita with Four Cheese Sauce and the sides were Rice, Stir-Fried Vegetables, and a Vegetable Egg Roll. The server gave me the zita because she thought it did not look like it had any meat. I asked her to ask the cook because it looked like it had tiny bits of shredded pork. She came back and said the cook said there was no meat in it and walked away before I could say anything. I don't like being lied to. I just ate the tiny bit of stir-fried vegetables and left. The plate she gave me had a tiny amount of vegetables, a tiny amount of the zita and a dinner roll. I asked her about the egg roll and she said it had pork.

There is a resident council meeting this afternoon. I will go but the kitchen will just hate me more for complaining.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I thought people were getting tired of my bitching and moaning about the food here so I stopped posting in this section.There is a resident council meeting this afternoon. I will go but the kitchen will just hate me more for complaining.
I think we've mentioned it before but I will reiterate just in case it's been awhile - none of us are tired of hearing about your dinner or the issues with the kitchen staff. You need to vent and we're here to listen as well as offer our support. 🤗 Good luck at the resident council meeting, hope you kick some butt!:angrywoman:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we've mentioned it before but I will reiterate just in case it's been awhile - none of us are tired of hearing about your dinner or the issues with the kitchen staff. You need to vent and we're here to listen as well as offer our support. 🤗 Good luck at the resident council meeting, hope you kick some butt!:angrywoman:
I agree with this 100%. You have every right to complain. You pay a lot of money to be there and the way they treat you is disgraceful. There is nothing complicated about a vegetarian diet unless someone decides to make it that way. If I were there, I'd go with you. :hugs:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veggie burger and salad didn't happen last night, as I ended up just having black beans and rice from the freezer. Not sure about tonight, but probably something with salad.
I didn't either. Just boiled some pasta and had that with bottled pasta sauce and lots of cheese. Veggie burger and salad tonight, though!

One of the sports bars around here started carrying Impossible Foods' burgers and they really make a superb version, especially made up as a cheeseburger (don't know if that's cheating or not). So good, I thought about buying stock in the company. Their Impossible Burger was really expensive, though...

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're similar, but it looks like those ones were fried in a coconut oil, and ours are just banana with no oil or anything
Did you know they have ones with cinnamon also?
1645583715200.png
1645583724163.png

I thought people were getting tired of my bitching and moaning about the food here so I stopped posting in this section.
No, you're fine. I always complain about my mother. It's how we survive the hard times, right?

Lunch: Snack Plate- Gala Apple, 2TB Jiff Natural Peanut Butter, 1TB Sam's Choice Cashew Butter, Heluva Good Extra Sharp Cheese, 1TB YS Organic Raw Honey, Wheat Thin Crackers.
Dinner: Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese, Baked Potato with Muenster Cheese, Corn, 2TB Heinz Simply Ketchup, 2TB Howard's Hot Relish. Sounds odd, but I liked the egg with the corn. I know my brother always throws an egg on top of his Mexican food.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was bread day (potato challa),and while I was at it I made a small batch of hamburger buns with a little caraway seed and flaky salt over the tops.So....tonight was cheeseburgers with sauteed onions and polish mustard and some oven fries.To die for!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stir fry - pork strips tossed with corn starch then into hot oil in wok. Asparagus cut small, broccoli ditto small, sliced mushroom tossed about in wok. Add bouillon, sherry, soy sauce and quickly get lid on to keep in the steam. Just before vegetables go from crisp to done add some green peas, thicken liquid with corn starch. Serve over long grain white rice.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, no. Never. I am, however, frustrated because it is beyond me to come there, wrap my fingers around a couple of honcho throats, and explain the wisdom of feeding their clients properly. You vent as often as you need to. It sometimes saves our sanity!

Tonight was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and some apple thing for dessert. Tasty, but the apple thing was a bit too sweet. Dinner will be P. F. Chang pork fried rice. Haven't had it. We shall see!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't feel like cooking. I was depressed and just feeling miserable. Told Dear Richard I wasn't cooking. He said he'd have some soup and a sandwich. Then I wanted a bacon and fried egg sandwich. And Rick agreed. It's been years, I think, since we had a fried egg sandwich. With bacon. So good. So very good.

Rick is going for hoagies tonight.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neely, kato121, maggiedemi and mamany1953, thanks for your post. I was so relieved to see that I was still welcomed to come here. Everytime something happened I would think I will have to mention this but then I would remember that I wasn't comming here anymore and it would really hurt. This is the only place I have to come to where I can complain.

Last night was pretty good. They had baked ham casserole. For me they had baked brussel sprouts with shredded cheese, some of my meatballs I gave them and a biscuit. Everyone was very nice to me for some reason.

They didn't have the meeting yesterday after all. None of the 4 mangers bothered to show up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was so relieved to see that I was still welcomed to come here. This is the only place I have to come to where I can complain.
Of course you're welcome here and we hope you will keep us updated on your meals. Vent, complain, scream if you like. :yelling: We're here to listen and offer support.

I'm thinking about finishing the spinach tortellini I made the other day for dinner tonight. We're out of honeycrisp apples so I bought a few golden delicious instead.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I had a fried egg and cheese sandwich on toast.
Tonight is going to be salad and mushroom naan pizzas.

I was so relieved to see that I was still welcomed to come here. Everytime something happened I would think I will have to mention this but then I would remember that I wasn't comming here anymore and it would really hurt. This is the only place I have to come to where I can complain.
muffy muffy : Never think you're not welcome here. And vent anytime you need too. 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.