What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look like they might be a bit different than mine?
1645408002090.png

Roasted Vegetable Calzone w/sauce
Sounds good. All the premade calzones in the grocery stores around here are just plain cheese.

Lunch: Tried putting Chutney on that leftover Couscous. Still gross!
Dinner: Tried putting Soy Sauce on that leftover Couscous. Still gross! Thankfully it's gone!
Aldi Vegetarian Chicken Patty with Patak Mango Chutney was good.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're these. I bought both them and the apple ones a couple grocery trips back because I needed more snacks for J, and while the apple ones are okay, these are amazing!!! I know they're just baked, but they almost taste caramelized, like bananas foster.
When bananas are heated the sugars caramelize. So it makes sense that the oven-baked banana chips would be better than the usual air-dried kind. I need to try those!

I'm just having mini naan breads with hummus and spinach & artichoke dip.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was some itty-bitty chicken nuggets and these little mashed potato bites that looked like smiley emojis. They were much better than anticipated. I shall order them again, probably several of them, for days when I'm not real hungry, but could eat. Supper will be a chicken pot pie. One of the cheap Banquet ones. For some reason, I like those more than any of the "better" brands/

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch was some itty-bitty chicken nuggets and these little mashed potato bites that looked like smiley emojis. They were much better than anticipated. I shall order them again, probably several of them, for days when I'm not real hungry, but could eat. Supper will be a chicken pot pie. One of the cheap Banquet ones. For some reason, I like those more than any of the "better" brands/
I agree that "Banquet " brand tastes better. Perhaps It's the crust.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our country style marinaded ribs were quite good last night. I decided on a bit of coleslaw and some ears of corn (frozen, but from the garden last summer).

I'm thinking of making some kind of pork fried rice with the leftover ribs tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not know what is for supper.. I really cheated this weekend.. Pizza on Saturday.. Sunday was a pick on things day...

Today, I do not care for anything on the menu. I am all chickened out...
I may just have a salad, grab a yucky piece of chicken, put them together, for a salad.. Dressing will be my own..

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a Banquet dinner with chicken strips, mac and cheese and corn. Not bad. Not outstanding, but pretty darned ok. I'm not sure about dinner yet. I got a delivery today, so most anything. I even ordered some frozen Chinese meals from P. F. Chang's, which tend to be good. Perhaps one of those.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I got the 'Veggie" Burger... except it was not a 'veggie' burger. The cook, made it a point to tell me, it was an Impossible Burger! I guess there is a big difference.. still a Veggie burger, to me---since it does not contain meat.

It was ok. I am not raving about it. It is ok... yes, a substitute for ground beef. The nice grill marks were very tasty. It does have the appearance of meat; however, there is a big difference in taste.. close, but not equal.

A nice black been burger would have been a good option, also... but.. I have not had that for several years. also.

Glad I did not have to 'buy' it. It is available for supper---special order. I have been curious of the Impossible Burgers, since they came out. With all my GI issues, I did not want to spend money on something which could upset my GI Track.

When I looked up the ingredients, I was surprised to see that it contains dextrose, and soy.. I am supposed to stay away from all "..ose". all artificial sweeteners.. and soy, due to several GI issues.. I was ok, just a bit gassy, a couple hours after eating it.. Will see how today goes.

muffy muffy Where are you? Have not seen you post for a wile...

Status
Not open for further replies.