What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm planning on quinoa burgers for both of us since DH stopped to get fresh onion rolls. Sweet potato on the side for me and baked potato for DH. There are two slices of my cinnamon chocolate chip banana bread left so that will be dessert.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two more drumsticks left from the slow cooker recipe I made.

I got my meal subscription delivery yesterday, a day late for some reason. The vegan chocolate pot de creme was ok but not something I'd order again. It was made with coconut milk so the entire pudding tasted like that with a hint of citrus. I don't like how the pudding immediately melts into nothing in my mouth. I guess I'm very particular about how I like my chocolate pudding :crazy: I put the Tuscan chicken to-go-meals in the freezer to pull out when I feel too lazy to cook.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a vet appointment this morning for our little Olivia(she's a mini doxie)...he kept her on the antibiotic another week..they say we're getting another winter storm so we went to the store,and stopped at Woods for some chicken and potato salad,so that was dinner.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chicken and broccoli in some sort of cream sauce. It was a bit too runny, but most sauces over veggies get a little runny after freezing. Dinner is...um. Kung Pao chicken? Or something purporting to be Kung Pao chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had planned on ham with roasted squash and sweet potatoes last night. Came in from the WeShed and Rick was sliding the pizza into the oven. It was fine and I didn't have to cook.

The ham that we didn't have last night is on our menu for tonight. But now Dear Richard wants fried potatoes. That's OK, we haven't had fried potatoes in a while.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Finished up the Everything Bagels, made a veggie sammich
Dinner: Finished up the Veggie Chili, added some of that Couscous. I don't think this Couscous goes with tomato sauce. It tastes more like Oatmeal? Maybe I'll try it with some butter or eat it like Oatmeal with Maple Syrup. I don't know...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Finished up the Everything Bagels, made a veggie sammich
Dinner: Finished up the Veggie Chili, added some of that Couscous. I don't think this Couscous goes with tomato sauce. It tastes more like Oatmeal? Maybe I'll try it with some butter or eat it like Oatmeal with Maple Syrup. I don't know...
I used to buy this parmesan couscous when I was single and could have dairy. So I think you should try it with cheese. they also had a pine nut flavor which was pretty good.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I ended up with 2 meals! Yes, 2, from the dining room, take-out buffet.

One was just what I wanted for supper: small salad, and some tomato soup--that was not good...
But then, one of the Cooks, was serving. He had a new recipe: an Egg, red pepper, onion and veggie sausage Frittata!! along with home fries.. He insisted I try and tell him how it was....

I said, just a tiny bit.. he gave me a huge portion of each!! Have to admit, it was pretty darn good! Finally...

I guess being on the Food Committee does have it perks...

The pizza from the night before was burnt; not 'well-done' but burnt. I asked for and got slices from a new pizza, which was fine!
Last night I got an apology from the same cook! Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.