What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's PieDay around here. I'm using the last of the T-Day turkey for a deep-dish turkey pie.
Dessert will be a peach pie that I froze last summer. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Both were frozen using the Food Saver, so they'll be fine.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
not sure other than its gotta be fast and easy to cook game on tonight
Hopefully the Blackhawks will do better than last night. :crossfingers: Which game are you watching?

I was starving at lunch so ate my big meal then and will only have a sweet potato and avocado for dinner. DH skipped lunch so he's having a chicken kiev with rice and salad. Honeycrisp apples for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Couscous with Butter & Parmesan Cheese, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes. Gross! Yuck! I'll try it with maple syrup tomorrow.

Dinner: Annie's Vegan Mac & Cheese made with Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk, and canned peas. This was a nice surprise! I really liked it with the almondmilk! Also had an Aldi Vegetarian Chicken Burger with Patak Mango Chutney.. That was excellent also! I really liked the chutney.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully the Blackhawks will do better than last night. :crossfingers: Which game are you watching?

I was starving at lunch so ate my big meal then and will only have a sweet potato and avocado for dinner. DH skipped lunch so he's having a chicken kiev with rice and salad. Honeycrisp apples for dessert.
:lol:i must be loyal to my kings

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
An enchilada for lunch. Haven't yet settled on dinner.

I am, however, considering getting the stuff to make Dinner Cornbread. It's basically cornbread cooked with bulk sausage, and plenty of bell peppers and onions. I may add corn and green beans to it, as well. I used to make it when the boys would bring unexpected guests home for dinner, because it was tasty, easy, and cheap. Everything you need in a neatly-cut portion of corn bread!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Salad with a cut up piece of chicken breast--the chicken was ol tasting... yuck.. I wonder if there is a different taste to kosher chicken. I would not think so. I think it is just low quality...
The only difference that could possibly affect taste is the salting that is done after slaughter. If it was too salty it could be because of the koshering process. If it wasn't too salty then it had to be due to it just being low quality chicken. The only other difference is in the method of slaughter.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
:lol:i must be loyal to my kings
I hope the Kings did better than the Blackhawks last night. :sigh:

Spinach tortellini with chopped veggies and pasta sauce plus salad and garlic bread. Honeycrisp apples for dessert.

LTS3 LTS3 DH saw the Wild Twist apples at the grocery store but they were pricier than the honeycrisp. I told him he should have bought just one for each of us to try - maybe next time.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found the Wild Twist on sale for $1.99 / lb. It looks like the regular price is $2.99 / lb. I bought two more today but the cashier rang them up as Honeycrisp at $3.49 / lb:angrywoman: I didn't realize it until I got home and it was too much of a bother to go back to the supermarket to get the price corrected and a refund. Normally I do self check out but the supermarket only had one open and there was a line so I went to the empty cashier line.

I had leftover Tuscan chicken. It's not bad but I'm not sure if I would order it again through the subscription.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I found the Wild Twist on sale for $1.99 / lb. It looks like the regular price is $2.99 / lb. I bought two more today but the cashier rang them up as Honeycrisp at $3.49 / lb:angrywoman: I didn't realize it until I got home and it was too much of a bother to go back to the supermarket to get the price corrected and a refund.
That's a much better price for the Wild Twist than what they were here but we only pay $1.99 for honeycrisp. Just save your receipt for the incorrect charge and bring it with you the next time you go back to the store. That's what I do and never had a problem. Good luck!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
banana chips
Were they the dried, really crunchy banana chips? I put those on salad.

Lunch: Tried eating that leftover Couscous like oatmeal and it was disgusting!!! I added Sliced Almonds, Dried Cranberries, 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almondmilk, 1TB Cinnamon Honey Sugar Powder. I'll try some Chutney on it tomorrow. I don't know what else to do with it! It's pretty gross.

Dinner: Baked Potato, Green Peas, Scrambled Eggs, Aldi Vegetarian Chicken Patty, 2TB Chutney, 1TB Ketchup, 1TB Howards Hot Relish. Yummy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were they the dried, really crunchy banana chips? I put those on salad.
They're these. I bought both them and the apple ones a couple grocery trips back because I needed more snacks for J, and while the apple ones are okay, these are amazing!!! I know they're just baked, but they almost taste caramelized, like bananas foster.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These freeze dried fruit are good: #1 Freeze-Dried Fruit Snack Company | Crispy Green The texture is similar to that of astronaut ice cream if you've ever had that. Very light and sort of melts in your mouth. The tangerine one is literally just the segments freeze dried. The apple one is in various sized pieces, not sliced. I haven't tried the others yet. They're good as a snack but I don't think they'd work well in a salad or anything because they'd just get soggy.

I have chicken nuggets for dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.