What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have to fast or something?

Lunch: 2 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, with 1 sliced up Banana on top, with Butter and Avocado Honey. This honey is too dark, tastes like molasses. Might be good cooked in stir-fry.

Dinner: Taco Salad made with rice, hot habanero diced tomatoes, hot habanero salsa, black beans, salt, pepper, guacamole, sour cream, Mozzarella Cheese, finished up the butternut squash tortilla chips, finished up the Howards Hot Relish. I really liked both habanero items, nice and spicy.
Yes, no meat (but fish doesn't count as meat), and I'm allowed one full meal and two smaller meals that don't add up to the size of the full meal, since Catholics are not very hardcore fasters, but I decided I'd just go with the one meal and liquids today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our roast beef came out very nice. I didn't make mashed potatoes (Rick had stopped at the farmers' market on his way home from taking me to the garage to get Clarence and came home with hot sausage sandwiches and filled donuts, so we weren't that hungry). I still made the popovers. And decided on green beans with shallots.

So tonight, we're doing something with the leftover beef. Not sure what yet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I make the microwave cups they are fine, but the box Mac & Cheese always tastes salty and bad.
This guy tried a bunch and liked the Walmart brand best, surprisingly. Maybe give that a try.
As A Boxed Mac 'N' Cheese Fanatic, I Blind Taste-Tested The 9 Most Popular Ones — Turns Out I've Been Buying The Wrong Brand For 28 Years

Also, try whisking the powder in with the milk first. A real whisk works best to break up the clumps, but a fork will work too.

I had a Qdoba burrito bowl last night. If I could have it every night, I wonder how long it would take for me to get sick of it? I feel like it would be a long time, lol.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, try whisking the powder in with the milk first. A real whisk works best to break up the clumps, but a fork will work too.
It's worth a try!

Lunch: Bagel Sammich--Mayo, Honey Mustard, Lettuce, Onion, GoldFish Sharp Crackers, Sliced Almonds, 1 Hard Boiled Egg,
Bagels don't do well in the freezer for 2 years. Freezer burnt and hard as a rock!

Dinner: Veggie Frittata, Ketchup, Frank's Garlic Hot Sauce.

Dad slathered my honey mustard all over his sandwich and yelled Yuck! What is this stuff?! :lol:
Too funny. Guess it's too sweet for him. I like it on my vegetarian nuggets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with roast beef sandwiches last night. Lots of thinly sliced beef, onions sauteed in Roast Beef seasoning and a bit of butter, thinly sliced Cabot Vermont cheddar, and a spread of mustard-horseradish, and mayo. Topped with a wee bit of homemade pickle. And then toasted in the NFG, just until the cheese started to melt. Rick and I each had one sandwich, but it was so good, we made another and split it. Yum For dessert, Rick finished the apple pie with some ice cream. I just had a nice scoop of ice cream with chocolate syrup.

Tonight will be pizza.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I missed a few days so gotta catch up :biggrin: Wednesday was falafel with broccoli, Thursday was leftover pasta casserole with spinach salad and tonight I'm making a bowl with brown rice, avocado, mushrooms, stewed tomatoes and black beans. Honeycrisp apple every night for dessert and a few of my favorite dark chocolate almond butter cups.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother and sister took me to Olive Garden for lunch. I had eggplant parmesan, minestrone soup, salad and 2 glasses of wine. I ate the salad and soup and I brought the eggplant home for tomorrows dinner.

They were having a Mardi Gras party when I got back to AL. They had cake, sandwiches and fake Hurricans. I did not eat anything but had 2 more glasses of wine. They were dancing and having a good time. When it was over I went back to my room, took my meds and laid down for an hour until it was time for dinner.

They had Beef Macaroni Casserole or Pepperoni Pizza. The chef made me a meatball macaroni casserole with pasta sauce using my veggie meatballs and it was delicious. We also had garlic bread and mixed vegetables.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was spicy, but very good.
That's probably why it was good. Spicy equals good.

Olive Garden for lunch. I had eggplant parmesan
Yum! Glad they made you a vegetarian casserole too.

peanut butter and bacon toast
Sounds interesting. I could try it with vegetarian bacon.

Lunch: Maple Cinnamon Pancake Microwave Cup, Half of a Yoplait Oui French Maple Yogurt, Half of a So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Yogurt. The French one was okay, tasted like Greek yogurt. The non-dairy coconut milk one was disgusting!!!

Dinner: Finished up the leftover Veggie Frittata, with salt, black pepper, Ketchup, Frank's Garlic Hot Sauce. Also had some Bare dried fruit chips that Lari Lari suggested-- banana, apple, and coconut. The banana was the best since it was crunchy. The apple tasted more like a freeze dried puff snack.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's probably why it was good. Spicy equals good.

Yum! Glad they made you a vegetarian casserole too.

Sounds interesting. I could try it with vegetarian bacon.

Lunch: Maple Cinnamon Pancake Microwave Cup, Half of a Yoplait Oui French Maple Yogurt, Half of a So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Yogurt. The French one was okay, tasted like Greek yogurt. The non-dairy coconut milk one was disgusting!!!

Dinner: Finished up the leftover Veggie Frittata, with salt, black pepper, Ketchup, Frank's Garlic Hot Sauce. Also had some Bare dried fruit chips that Lari Lari suggested-- banana, apple, and coconut. The banana was the best since it was crunchy. The apple tasted more like a freeze dried puff snack.
I have never had vegetarian bacon,but I'll keep my eye open for it.I have used turkey bacon also...there's just something about the two that I love,and we don't eat bacon all that much so it's always a treat to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.