What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reheated leftover meatloaf. Made potato cakes with instant potato flakes reconstituted with boiling water, then added flour, baking powder, beaten egg and beautifully browned in cast iron frying pan. Braised cabbage fried up in bacon grease, finished with a little water in a covered pot, then topped with the crispy bits of bacon to serve.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Made a fresh pasta sauce with tomatoes from the garden and mixed that with some elbow macaroni,garlic bread and a small salad.
It must be pasta night. 😉
Rotini pasta for both of us with basil marinara sauce, green peppers and green onions. Spinach salad on the side and Planet Oat coffee fudge swirl ice cream for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, turned out to be a "must go" night, so Rick had the leftover meatballs and rice, mixed in with the leftover beef stew. He said it was actually pretty good. I had a can of Progresso chicken and corn chowder. It's too bloody hot to cook. Rick didn't want to go outside to grill anything and I didn't feel like messing around with anything.

I have a boneless, skinless chicken breast thawing in the fridge. Probably going to grill that, split it, slice it, and flop it on top of salads.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Finished laundry and had a late lunch so we could go out and enjoy the day. Not sure what we're having tonight since it depends on what time we're home. Hopefully we'll be able to bring something in and I won't have to cook. :crossfingers:

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a piece of grilled salmon leftover from last night along with some curry-roasted cauliflower, so I'm going to make a nice salad that incorporates these things for my wife and I tonight.

I do have a baby green mix.

And I just made some beets (sliced, quickly blanched, seasoned with salt and, olive oil, and some homemade Armenian Pomegranate Wine vinegar) that are chilling/quick pickling in the fridge. I also pickled some onions.

Think I'll make part of the salad plate a lime and olive oil coleslaw with fresh cilantro--toss in some chia and flax, perhaps?

Need to dig in the fridge to see if there is another "add."

But this type of meal is a sure-fire "hit" with my wife. I expect to hear, "This is how we should eat all the time." I better. LOL

Bill

ETA: Found some kale (will make a kale sub-salad). I also found some Persian cucumbers and feta with I think I'll mix with the pickled onions for another sub-salad.

I'm thinking I'll serve the meal somewhat de-constructed--as a platter of different salads.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We needed to clean up the odds and ends of leftovers and we did that for dinner.I made a gigundo pan of butterscotch brownies and sent some up to the neighbors...she has covid....so I'd imagine there will be some dessert for us too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our chicken breast turned into BBQ chicken pizza last night. I poached the breast, shredded it, then mixed with a bit of BBQ sauce. Threw it onto Greek flatbreads, added sauteed onion and peppers, and topped it off with smoked provolone. Six minutes at 390 degrees in the Foodi Grill (2 minutes each side, followed by 2 minutes with the finished pizza) and we scarfed it down.

I have a ham bone in the crock pot to be made into ham and green beans with potatoes for dinner tonight. The last apple pie from the freezer for dessert.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 When I have something to defrost and time may be short I place the package on an aluminum frying pan (and set it in the turned off oven to protect from Domino and Mr Poe!) Aluminum is excellent for heat transfer and this really speeds up the defrosting. If the package is too large to fit into the frying pan I just turn it over and lay the to-be-defrosted package on the pan's bottom.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our chicken breast turned into BBQ chicken pizza last night. I poached the breast, shredded it, then mixed with a bit of BBQ sauce. Threw it onto Greek flatbreads, added sauteed onion and peppers, and topped it off with smoked provolone. Six minutes at 390 degrees in the Foodi Grill (2 minutes each side, followed by 2 minutes with the finished pizza) and we scarfed it down.
I think we should contact The Food Network and tell them to hire you for their show. Who wouldn't want to make your recipes or eat at your house? 👩‍🍳

Status
Not open for further replies.