What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
" Purraise is a great way to let a member know that you appreciate his or her contribution. It is a nice way to spread a positive vibe around the community, so use it liberally! "
Exactly! :thumbsup: Even though I'm vegetarian I still purraise non-veggie posts. It doesn't mean I have to eat the same diet as them it simply means I appreciate hearing what they made for dinner. And, yes, it is a nice way to spread a positive vibe to other members.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While I'd really prefer to be having a wild venison and pork chilli tonight, I'm nearing the last rung of using up what's in the fridge and pantry (due to not wanting to shop in this infernal LA heat).

So it is going to be a quinoa salad. Is that worse than last nights tofu? ;)

My wife happens to like hippy-cooking (LOL) and I can manage it.

To make matters worse, I think I'll serve sauteed kale with garlic as a side dish.

Bill

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The ground beef isn't thawed enough for taco tortellini so I'll make that tomorrow. Tonight will be French bread pizza.
Tech tip...store ground meat in zip-loc bags. a 1-quart bag is the right size for 1 pound. "Burp" as much air out of the bag as possible, then flatten it out until it makes a thin sheet and fills the inside of the bag. This does two things...it makes all of your ground meat stackable, taking up much less space, and it allows you to thaw it in 30 minutes...15 if you drop it in a sink filled with cold water.

Lunch will be bitty nuggets and smiling potatoes! They are BACK IN STOCK! dinner will be shepherd's pie.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it is going to be a quinoa salad. Is that worse than last nights tofu? ;)

To make matters worse, I think I'll serve sauteed kale with garlic as a side dish.

Bill
I don't know what a quinoa salad is but it is not worse than having tofu. Sauteed tofu, kale and garlic is my all time favorite meal.

I try to purraise most of the post in this section but as a vegetarian I will not support any post regarding hunting. No one has to like tofu and I don't have to like hunting. I never had a purraise removed from my post because someone does not like tofu but that's OK.

Tonight I had a Caesar salad.

Welcome to the forum, Bill.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
probably just cooking a single portion pot of miso soup with fresh kim chi(as my veggies) seasoned fried tofou(korean side dish) for some protein along with the last bit of fried rice :lol: all added into the miso soup for a mixed up combo the bonus being only a pot and a big bowl and spoon to wash after eating.:biggrin:gf having dinner with her parents so i dont wanna put all kinds of effort into my own dinner

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH has requested chicken kiev so that's what he'll have with 3 mini baked potatoes and carrots. I met a friend for coffee earlier so had a late lunch and not in the mood for much dinner. I'll probably just have a bowl of soup with some TJ's trail mix and call it a day. I'm afraid I will have to stop buying the trail mix though because I've become addicted to it. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,it has been a day!Our neighbor that helped him extract honey tested positive for covid...she had no clue she had it.He's not been feeling the best so to the doc we went and yes,he has it...I may have it but am testing negative.Oy vey!Anyway,dinner was Woods fried chicken.It's what he wanted,so...I had some more sliced cukes with mine.Tomorrow is another day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled Premio Italian sausages, both sweet and hot. Instant mashed potatoes embellished with a little butter, pich of salt, fresh ground pepper, and some left over gravy stirred in, with sauteed sliced red onion on top.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
TJ's trail mix and call it a day. I'm afraid I will have to stop buying the trail mix though because I've become addicted to it. :lol:
That stuff is so addicting! I bought a couple bags in the individual servings. What I want to know is: Who decided on the serving size?? Not enough!! ugh...
I need a 12 step plan to get away from them.....:hyper::flail:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie A :hugs: for hubby and a :hugs: for you, too!

Our pizza last night was so good. I like that pizza sauce and so does Rick.

Tonight we're having chicken in the NFG, probably with a baked potato, also in the NFG. And salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.