What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Right, Winchester Winchester veggie plate. Not like Dr Oz and his crudites, right?
:flail:Nope! It's a veggie plate!! And it didn't cost $20 either!

Tonight's dinner will be filled pork chops (I have a Granny Smith apple to put into my stuffing), mashed potatoes and gravy, and succotash (with both the lima beans and the corn from the garden....well, the freezer now). Dessert will be the last chunk of peach pie for Rick.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Italian deli after Mass.. Got some Italian sausages, a jar of really good sauce. They sell real good Italian items in there. If the owner does not like it, he does not sell the brand. It is a hole in the wall, and has been there as long as I can remember.
Got some pasta from Italy...

That is what I am having for supper. I will simmer the sauce, with the sausages----huge b-b-q Size-- for an hour or so..
Enough for today and tomorrow, with some for the freezer.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another day of extracting,so I took the neighbors goodies out of the fridge and heated them in the oven after he got home.We each had a piece olf chicken and a nice rib,some potatoes and a sliced tomato.Delish!There is enough left for one more meal,too_Oh...I tried one of the hot links,too....just a half.Oh my are they spicy!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We went off roading today. Just a short trip, but we still needed something for lunch. So I made fusilli pasta, coated in my home made pesto, added zucchini & bell peppers (chunky, cooked firm) and chilled it so it would travel in the cooler. I also did some sous vide salmon, left it in the package and chilled that as well. The two together made a great lunch.

After a day of bouncing around in the Jeep, we came home and went to a new Thai place only 7 minutes away. Lovely little hole in the wall. Great food. I had scallops and veggies, hubby had chicken Khao Soi.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we enjoyed BLTs. Oh my, they were good. We each had one sandwich, then we made another and split it. Best part of the summer is fresh tomatoes.

Not sure about tonight. We need to run some errands in town and may grab something.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was planning or leftovers, or a plain cute from the dining room--which I would have added some sauce to..BUT~~~~
I was invited out for a late lunch with a couple of Bocce friends from outside the building. They wanted to thank me for keeping them in then 'loop" about things... I hope we can continue this friendship... It was so nice.. just to go out, and be myself... with understanding people..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We stopped in at a deli in town for a bit of lunch yesterday, so that was our early dinner. My Reuben was excellent; I love Reubens.

I have a chuck roast thawing for tonight. Probably beef stew with dumplings. Or Hungarian goulash. Haven't decided yet. Either way, I'm making my version of Red Lobster's cheese biscuits to go with it. And a bit of coleslaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.