What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:well its probably dinner at cheesecake factory after a day of shopping at fashion island in newport beach ca.i know exactly what i have in my closet now to after donating stuff. should be an easy nope to my gf soon as she starts with that hey you would look nice wearing this with stuff in hand.:rolleyes3: i dont know if i should be happy and grateful to be so spoiled by her or scared that i am just her accessory to dress up as she pleases.:lol:

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think we are finally going to get a break from the ferocious heat. But yesterday was another in a series of blistering hot days that eradicated any impetus I had to make a shopping run.

So I looked at what I had and decided to make a "clean-out-the-fridge" (baked) frittata.

I had a half-a-pack of artisanal Italian pasta of a great shape for this use. Onions, garlic, red, orange, and yellow baby bell peppers, tomatoes and a little fresh koobideh kebab meat, which I gently sauteed with herbs, while I half-cooked the pasta.

Thew everything in a bowl, added a generous about of feta, seasoned, then mixed in 5 eggs and transferred to a baking dish to cook in the convection toaster oven.

Saved a portion for my wife to take for lunch today, the rest was soon history. LOL

Bill

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 If you look at a tilapia fillet there's what I call a seam across the middle from end to end (head to tail, if they were still there)
Ah. I doubt that I will come across one. I'm not big on fish that actually still look like fish. Oddly, I like fish sticks! And I adore shrimp in any form whatsoever. Fried clams are nice, but not chowder. Oysters? Um. No. Not since Cat Point was permanently closed due to Hepatitis. They were SO good! Small, and muscular. Didn't have the usual, rather icky texture. Lovely things. They were a sub-species only found at Cat Point, right by Apalachicola Bay, and for decades were the ONLY oyster served at the Imperial table in Czarist Russia. LOL, they were also a 45 minute drive from my house.

Well, I got so engrossed in my memories of Cat Point oysters that I forgot to post what today's menu has been!

Lunch...chicken tenders, corn, mac n cheese. Dinner will be General Tso's Chicken.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday Rick and I went for a quick bite for late lunch/early dinner.
I think tonight we're going to nosh. I have some hummus in the fridge. Can make a veggie plate and there's a box of crackers in the pantry. I can throw together a plate of Cheddar stuffed 'shrooms.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I made quick pasta with jarred sauce, and toasted garlic bread.

We're back to some more hot days, so I've made a chickpea salad with cucumber, tomato and onion, and a vinegar dressing, which I'll have tonight, and tomorrow too, as it makes quite a bit.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right, Winchester Winchester veggie plate. Not like Dr Oz and his crudites, right?

Totally out of season but when we were at the IGA today I looked in the meat case, saw the ground beef and decided Meatloaf! Himself always loves meatloaf. So that's what we're having for dinner tonight, with a baked potato for him, baked sweet potato for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got out of the habit of posting here, as I got out of the habit of cooking.
Ditto, busy week and can't even recall what I had for dinner but I made Veggie chili tonight. Mocha chip ice cream for dessert which will go well after the chili since I may have been too heavy handed on the spices. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My intentions were good anyway.Took a pork loin out of the freezer yesterday and portioned it out today...10 meals worth of boneless chops and a nice sized roast,which I seasoned and stuck in the oven.That was my plan for dinner with all the trimmings,but apparently the neighbors were smoking meat and doing the bbq thing,so when hubby came back from doing his extracting,he had a cake pan loaded with ribs.chicken,potatoes and a couple of hot links.Bless their hearts!

Status
Not open for further replies.