What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not. I just buy tofu and cook it the same day.
When whole firm tofu is frozen (and then thawed) the water inside forms tiny pockets (in the frozen state) that leave voids when thawed.

These voids will suck up seasoning/sauces while the tofu remains firm. Especially good for fried tofu dishes.

It is a little different that the texture of pressed tofu.

Bill

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a big spinach salad last night.

A few weeks ago I reported that my Assisted Living had a new resident that was vegetarian. Up until then I was the only one here. I'm sorry to report that she passed away on Tuesday. The poor lady was 94 and had issues. She was upset about being here and she would eat very little. They had to take her to the hospital where she died.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wonton noodle soup turned out really well. I forgot to buy spinach :doh: but not a big deal. The wontons were frozen pre-made from the supermarket :crazy: The noodles are udon, the mushrooms are shiitake, and the tofu is firm that I pressed for about 15 minutes to remove extra water. Mom would have used silken tofu and done her usual grumbling about how the texture is too soft and the tofu will just fall apart during cooking blah blah blah. I have pointed out that there is firm and extra firm tofu available but she keeps saying that those are for *only* Japanese cooking :dunno::rolleyes:

View attachment 429148
looks excellent!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes::lol:our dinner plans always change we picked up our pictures we took on friday so only natural gf made beeline to the micheals to ocd shop a few frames:biggrin:also bought a journal book i can write in each morning.few hours later its off to japanese market to by fast ready to eat stuff for dinner, i got a tonkatsu ramen gf got some sushi bentos

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, last night with the Grands and the kids, we had grilled chicken. Son and I tried a new-to-us recipe to spray onto the chicken while it was grilling. I'm going to try it again here at home and tweak it. With the chicken, we had broccoli salad and potato salad. Desserts were the strawberry pretzel dessert and a blueberry cobbler. We also had a big bowl of hummus with vegetables and crackers to munch on during the afternoon while we played cornhole.

Thinking sausage and mushroom pizza tonight. I'm trying to tweak a pizza crust recipe from Cook's Country.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was so hot yesterday that neither my wife nor I had a desire to grocery shopping, our boy was out, and wife requested something "light."

After running a quick calculus of what we had on hand, I decided to make sushi-like nori rolls featuring (cooked) shrimp, pickled daikon, cucumber, strips of carrots gentled cook with a little grown sugar, and sushi rice wrapped in nori and sealed with a dab of wasabi.

It hit the spot.

Bill

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot and humid today,so we had ham sandwiches with lettuce,tomato and onion.I had pickled a jar of banana and jalapeno peppers (seeded and deveined) with garlic and oregano so we tried them.So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.