What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some peas and carrots left over from last night and I thought I could use them to help make fried rice. Having tried unsuccessfully to make fried rice in the past, I checked online and bought the right supplies to make it tonight. This turned out much better. I made only a small batch, so it will be gone by tomorrow, but I want to know how well fried rice freezes. If it does, I can make it in larger quantities and keep it ready in the freezer. Who needs Chinese take-out?
not sure about freezing best rice to use is left over rice from a big pot thats been cooked not that soft sticky rice(my preference)i have used cups of minute rice before it works ok and to me seems to give the right amount since after you add the spam /veggies etc it turns out to be a good amount of food enough for 2 small meals or one good dinner a small breakfast /lunch the next day also cooked rice dries out if it sits in fridge over night.another thing to try if you got access to good mexican food carne asada fried rice use left over spanish rice add chopped up left over asada or fajitas its really good give it a try if you get a chance

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very late dinner because I had to go to the grocery store. So I had a pumpkin spice bagel with this Nature's Fynd cream cheese made out of fungi I found while I was there. It was... I guess it was fine, but there's definitely a mental block about it being made of mushrooms.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The other night we had meatloaf.
Last night, I made tuna pasta salad; I don't normally make that in the winter because we need something warm, but it's been so mild and it was something quick.
Tonight will be meatloaf sandwiches with some kind of soup.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The dough wrapper used for egg rolls contains eggs or an egg wash. Spring roll wrappers are made with rice flour. Neither type contain egg as part of the filling but I suppose if one makes them at home anything is fair game for the filling.

Tandoori chicken for dinner tonight.
According to the internet these days egg rolls are rarely made with eggs, either in the filling or the wrap. The wraps are made with wheat flour, salt and water.

I had green beans, fries and a piece of corn bread.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely a mental block about it being made of mushrooms.
I might like it, since I love mushrooms.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2 1/2TB Mayo, 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Habanero Hot Sauce, Tomato, Onion, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, 1TB Walnuts, 1 Hard Boiled Egg.

Dinner: Got another Hormel Compleats Mac & Cheese, added half a can of Peas and 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, and put it in the toaster oven this time, instead of the microwave. I still hated it! It was still mushy. Maybe I had the heat too low at 350. Next time I'll try 375.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might like it, since I love mushrooms.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2 1/2TB Mayo, 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Habanero Hot Sauce, Tomato, Onion, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, 1TB Walnuts, 1 Hard Boiled Egg.

Dinner: Got another Hormel Compleats Mac & Cheese, added half a can of Peas and 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, and put it in the toaster oven this time, instead of the microwave. I still hated it! It was still mushy. Maybe I had the heat too low at 350. Next time I'll try 375.
There is no saving those Hormel Compleats. They are just bad all around. Spraying perfume on a turd will never make it a flower. I've tried doctoring those things up in the past and it never works.

I'm having chicken wings and salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.