What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Qdoba also has cilantro-lime white rice, but you can get plain brown rice too. But, yeah, I'm pretty fond of my guac and don't want to pay $2 more for it, haha.

Panchero's is another restaurant with the same build-your-own concept, but I haven't tried that one either.
The last time I had Qdoba was before we moved to Florida so 20 years. If their rice has it too I would have left it out. I'm also not a fan of lime in hot food . I love it on it's own or in drinks but not in food. $2 for guac is ridiculous.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like Chipotle because they are expensive, they charge extra for guac and they put cilantro in the rice.
You know how much I despise, loathe and hate cilantro but I always ask for brown rice with no cilantro which they keep separate. Since I go inside to order there's never been a problem. If you ever go back to Chipotle just ask the server for the rice without cilantro.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know how much I despise, loathe and hate cilantro but I always ask for brown rice with no cilantro which they keep separate. Since I go inside to order there's never been a problem. If you ever go back to Chipotle just ask the server for the rice without cilantro.
I'm pretty sure the cilantro gets added to the rice as soon as it's done. I don't think they keep any plain cooked white rice on hand. I don't like brown rice.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the cilantro gets added to the rice as soon as it's done. I don't think they keep any plain cooked white rice on hand. I don't like brown rice.
Actually they have both, plain white rice and plain brown rice with no cilantro. I've been ordering it this way for years. Maybe it depends on your location. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen the different trail mixes at Aldi, how do you like them and which is your favorite?
This Southern Grove Dried Fruit Medley without nuts is my favorite, since the ones with whole almonds hurt my teeth:
1639878755453.png

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Mayo, 1TB Horseradish Mustard, 1/2TB Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Lettuce, Tomato, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, 2TB Aldi Tropical Trail Mix, Slice BJs Medium Cheddar Cheese.

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Tomato, Rice, Finished up the Pumpkin Seeds, Finished up the Aldi Tropical Trail Mix, Late July Chia Tortilla Chips, Slice Kraft White American Cheese, 1/4 Cup Thousand Islands Dressing.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rummaging thru the freezer and there was a package of polish sausage and some green beans,so along with potatoes fixed some way...haven't decided how yet,but that will be dinner.I know I have a little red and white doxie girl that would really appreciate it if there were mashed potatoes....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Quinoa burgers for both of us tonight on onion rolls with hummus, sliced red pepper, zucchini and swiss cheese. Dark chocolate almond butter cups for me and chocolate covered sea salt caramels for DH plus honeycrisp apples too.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Penne with sauteed sliced onion and mushrooms, plus the last of the beef from making soup which I diced - very tender, and green peas. Saute was with butter and olive oil, then lid on pot so enough juices rendered to "dress" the pasta.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't eat whole almonds either, they're too hard. I like raw walnuts or pecans better.
You might like this one that I got at Walmart then. It has Walnuts & Cashews instead of Almonds:
1639964087104.png

Lunch: Veggie Sammich--Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Mayo, 1Tsp Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Walnuts, Slice Kraft White American Cheese, Celery. I loved the Celery on this so much that I kinda never wanna have a sammich without it again. Yum!

Dinner: Aldi Vegetarian Tenders, Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing, Annie's Deluxe Gluten Free Mac & Cheese, 1Tsp Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce. OMG this Mac & Cheese was sooooo good! The Deluxe version was really expensive, but tastes so much better than the regular. Or maybe because it's shells? Usually it's elbows. I would definitely try more shell versions.
1639964425600.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure about tonight yet, but last night was a Morning Star Spicy Black Bean burger.

Quinoa burgers for both of us tonight
I've probably asked before, but bought or homemade quinoa burgers?
I loved the Celery on this so much that I kinda never wanna have a sammich without it again. Yum!
Never thought of celery on a sandwich, but that would be a way to us it up, as I always end up with more than I need.
Did you chop it, or slice it?

Status
Not open for further replies.