What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"palomino sauce" out of some canned spaghetti sauce, canned Alfredo sauce
When I worked at Pizza Hut we used to call that "Neopolitan Sauce" when we mixed Tomato & Alfredo.

There is no saving those Hormel Compleats.
Ugghh! I think you're right. I tried baking a Chef Boyardee Cup Mac & Cheese at 375 and it tasted just like the Hormel! Yuck. I guess the boxed or frozen kinds are the only good ones. Anyway, that's what I had for dinner mixed with half a bag of frozen mixed veggies--peas, green beans, corn, carrots, and 1Tsp Hot Mama's Fiery Habanero Sauce.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugghh! I think you're right. I tried baking a Chef Boyardee Cup Mac & Cheese at 375 and it tasted just like the Hormel! Yuck. I guess the boxed or frozen kinds are the only good ones. Anyway, that's what I had for dinner mixed with half a bag of frozen mixed veggies--peas, green beans, corn, carrots, and 1Tsp Hot Mama's Fiery Habanero Sauce.
[/QUOTE]
I have one of those cup mac & cheese things sitting in the cabinet. I bought several thinking they'd be a good quick meal. I can't bring myself to prepare and eat the one remaining.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a large salad with a hard boiled egg..

Not sure about tonight. Nothing good on the dining room menu... I need to pick something up...
even cook it...

Going out early for errands...Hopefully, I will be inspired...
We are expecting some snow late tomorrow afternoon, night... most likely turning to a rain mix..
The stores will be mobbed ~~ between that and Christmas shopping..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I made broad noodles with a cheese sauce (milk with Jarlsburg and American cheese), cubes of Dietz & Watson tavern style ham, and green peas. Everything all together. The noodles were a good idea - more surface for the sauce to cling to. Sauce could have been a bit thicker (used butter and flour, then added milk) but it was really delicious.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today has been cool and rainy,so I made a big pot of oriental chicken soup,and will make hot grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner.
I might borrow your idea about grilled cheese, thanks. :thanks: DH picked up Swiss Lorraine at the deli and I have a fresh tomato to slice in it.

Yesterday I met friends for lunch and had a falafel sandwich with a side of rice. I wasn't too hungry for dinner so just made a bowl of lentil vegetable soup.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are back in lock down and can't leave our rooms. They don't let me pick from the menu. Tonight they brought me mac and cheese with bacon, a roll and a few pieces of zuccini. I told them to take it back because I don't eat meat and I did not want a roll or 4 pieces of zuccini. I did not ask for anything else but she brought back a veggie burger with no mustard or lettuce with a white roll and a big pile of boxed mashed potatoes. I ate the veggie burger and a little bit of the potatoes. There is nothing on the menu for lunch tomorrow for me and I am telling them not to bring me anything.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've actually ordered a hot sauce from them online! That's so cool that it's local for you. 🌶

a big pile of boxed mashed potatoes
I think I'm the only one who loves boxed mashed potatoes, I love how smooth they are. That's weird that they put bacon on the macaroni and cheese, they could have easily made it vegetarian if they put half a thought into it. :headshake:

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, Slice BJs Cheddar Jack Cheese, 2TB Mayo, 1TB Horseradish Mustard, 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Habanero Hot Sauce, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, 1 Hard Boiled Egg.

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Tomato, Rice, Onion, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, Aldi Tropical Trail Mix Dried Fruit/Nuts, 1/4 Cup Target Thousand Island Dressing. I put the rice on cold, probably would have been better hot.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They just opened a Chipotle in Sioux Falls, but I haven't tried it yet. I love Qdoba, which is basically the same (concept-wise at least), and they don't charge extra for guac ;). So I haven't decided if it's worth going to Chipotle or not. . .hmm, I should at least try it, probably. I always get a burrito bowl because Qdoba doesn't mix their burrito filling so I end up with one bite of pure rice and then a bite of pure guac, no thanks. I think Chipotle mixes their burrito fillings.
I think I'm the only one who loves boxed mashed potatoes, I love how smooth they are. That's weird that they
I love boxed mashed potatoes! I also love homemade mashed potatoes; they both have pros and cons.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still have a $15 gift card to Chipotle, a welcome gift for starting at the company. The Chipotle a stone's throw away from the company has really bad reviews. They also don't do in person ordering currently so you have to order online BUT you can't use a gift card as a payment method :angrywoman:

I have leftovers for dinner tonight.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They just opened a Chipotle in Sioux Falls, but I haven't tried it yet. I love Qdoba, which is basically the same (concept-wise at least), and they don't charge extra for guac ;). So I haven't decided if it's worth going to Chipotle or not. . .hmm, I should at least try it, probably. I always get a burrito bowl because Qdoba doesn't mix their burrito filling so I end up with one bite of pure rice and then a bite of pure guac, no thanks. I think Chipotle mixes their burrito fillings.

I love boxed mashed potatoes! I also love homemade mashed potatoes; they both have pros and cons.
I've had both. Qdoba is better IMO. I haven't had either in a long time. I don't like Chipotle because they are expensive, they charge extra for guac and they put cilantro in the rice. Satan's parsley should be kept on the side and added only when requested. We have a Moe's Southwest Grill on the other side of town. I've never been there. DD and DSIL like that place a lot. I'm very hesitant to try it. I have major trust issues when it comes to Mexican inspired restaurants because of the previously mentioned evil herb. I can taste the smallest amount and it ruins anything it touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.