What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night was a naan pizza, and watermelon for dessert.
Night before was fried egg sandwich, with cheese, on toast, and applesauce cup for dessert.
Tonight I may make the rice and beans I considered making the other day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
different small dishes that came out on separate plates, but most of them arrived at the same time.
Well that would be okay then, if they gave me a big empty dinner plate to serve myself off all the little plates! :thumbsup:

Made a daiya mac n cheeze
Is that the microwave tray? I put that in my Walmart pickup order for tomorrow.

No, but you gave me a scare. There were only vegetables inside.
I always thought eggrolls had eggs in them and spring rolls didn't! :headscratch:

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's homemade bread toasted, 3TB Horseradish Mustard, Pinch Carolina Reaper Powder, Slice BJs Muenster Cheese, Tomato, Walnuts, Pecans, Pumpkin Seeds, 1 Hard Boiled Egg.

Dinner: 2 Kodiak Gluten Free Power Waffles (high protein) toasted in the toaster, 2TB Aldi Maple Syrup, 1TB Butter, 1/4 Cup Aldi Tropical Trail Mix.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been on a pasta kick lately - I made rotini pasta with tomato basil sauce, added green onions and had mine over spinach leaves.
Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Last night I made a roast for DH with onion roasted potatoes. He has leftovers for a few nights now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always thought eggrolls had eggs in them and spring rolls didn't! :headscratch:
The dough wrapper used for egg rolls contains eggs or an egg wash. Spring roll wrappers are made with rice flour. Neither type contain egg as part of the filling but I suppose if one makes them at home anything is fair game for the filling.

Tandoori chicken for dinner tonight.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken fried rice with 2 handfuls of that lawn weed salad(springmix?)added to it while cooking
I had some peas and carrots left over from last night and I thought I could use them to help make fried rice. Having tried unsuccessfully to make fried rice in the past, I checked online and bought the right supplies to make it tonight. This turned out much better. I made only a small batch, so it will be gone by tomorrow, but I want to know how well fried rice freezes. If it does, I can make it in larger quantities and keep it ready in the freezer. Who needs Chinese take-out?

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it ought to be stovetop.
Yes, it is stovetop. I'm glad because I discovered that I don't like microwaved Mac & Cheese.

Who needs Chinese take-out?
We used to get take-out several times a week before the pandemic. Now we never do. I miss it, but I also like learning to cook.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Mayo, 1TB Horseradish Mustard, 1TB Heinz Hot Dog Relish, Tomato, Onion, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Slice BJs Medium Cheddar Cheese, Pinch Carolina Reaper Powder.

Dinner: I wanted something else, but wasted so much time playing around with my Egg Nog that I didn't have time! Had another Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 3TB Mayo, 1TB Heinz Hot Dog Relish, 1/8Tsp Carolina Reaper Powder, 1TB Pumpkin Seeds, Tomato, Onion, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Slice BJs Medium Cheddar Cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.