What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trader Joe's veggie quinoa burgers - I couldn't make them any better myself. We always keep a supply in the freezer.
The Morningstar Farms spicy black bean veggie burgers are like that too, I always look for them when Publix has the Morningstar Farms stuff BOGO. They are always out of stock. That's all the confirmation needed that they are good. Even my super picky DD likes them. I'm not crazy about their other burgers though.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Think I've decided on the last naan pizza that's in the freezer, with salad on the side, for tonight.

Trader Joe's veggie quinoa burgers - I couldn't make them any better myself. We always keep a supply in the freezer.
No Trader Joe's here. :( And I find homemade quinoa burgers fall apart even more than any other homemade veggie burger, so I never make them.

The Morningstar Farms spicy black bean veggie burgers are like that too,
Thanks to your recommendation, Kat0121 Kat0121 , these are now my favourite store bought veggie burger.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Morningstar Farms spicy black bean veggie burgers are like that too, I always look for them when Publix has the Morningstar Farms stuff BOGO. They are always out of stock. That's all the confirmation needed that they are good. Even my super picky DD likes them. I'm not crazy about their other burgers though.
We love the original chik'n patties or however they spell it over here! I should grab a pack of the nlack bean ones one of these days.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are back to eating in our rooms because there have been so many Covid cases. I like it because if I don't like what they bring I can always open a can of soup. The bad thing is I don't get to pick what I want. All I get are the sides and a lot of the sides are not vegetarian. Tonight they brought me a veggie burger and some lettuce and 2 cherry tomatoes. I just ate the veggie burger without the roll and the 2 cherry tomatoes. If I get hungery later I can always open some soup.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally set up the NFG and roasted a turkey wing in it. It came out great. The girls agree. They had some while I was eating and I chopped up some meat to add to their dinner as a topper. I had some kimchi with it. This kind. It's very good and has a nice spiciness to it. They make really good sauerkraut too.

Classic Kimchi

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself wasn't hungry so rather than what I was planning we each had a frizzled ham wrap - A thin slice of taven ham, a slice of Jarlsurg on top of the ham. When it begins to sizzle pour a beaten egg over and swirl pan as it cooks. Heat burrito size tortilla in dry cast iron frying pan and wrap everything up. Microwave steam fresh broccoli. And that was dinner.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some kimchi with it.
How do you eat Kimchi? Cold on the side or cook it in the dish?

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Mayo, 1Tsp Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, Celery, Lettuce, Tomato, Walnuts, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Slice BJs Medium Cheddar Cheese.

Dinner: Aldi Vegetarian Tenders, 2TB Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing, Roasted Potato, Carrot, Onion, Garlic, Celery Salt, Garlic Parsley Salt, Italian Seasoning Mix in Olive Oil, 2TB Hunt's Ketchup.

rubysmama rubysmama --The celery definitely tasted better sliced rather than chunks, but you have to slice it really thin or it's hard to chew through the sammich. I love the texture! It tastes almost meaty, like tuna. I remember making a vegetarian mock tuna with celery a long time ago where they had me shave it with a peeler. That was really good, I need to find that recipe.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OOOOH! I love kimchi! One of my classmate's mothers used to make it the old-fashioned way...buried it in the back yard in a sealed stoneware crock to ferment. LORD, it was good!

Last night, I ate the kung pao chicken on a whim. Tonight, I'm feeling distinctly pot pie-ish.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 What did you think of the NFG?

The container that I thought was soup turned out to be crock pot beans. So OK. We had hot dogs in buns with onions and peppers and each had a serving of beans. The last of the lemon cake for dessert. And that was our dinner.

I'm thinking of a frozen pizza for tonight. Or I could scrounge around in the freezer and see what I can find. I do label things, but sometimes the labels come off and then we have..... SURPRISE! :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 What did you think of the NFG?

The container that I thought was soup turned out to be crock pot beans. So OK. We had hot dogs in buns with onions and peppers and each had a serving of beans. The last of the lemon cake for dessert. And that was our dinner.

I'm thinking of a frozen pizza for tonight. Or I could scrounge around in the freezer and see what I can find. I do label things, but sometimes the labels come off and then we have..... SURPRISE! :lol:
I like it a lot. It cooked the turkey perfectly. The girls could smell it cooking and kept running into the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.