What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a craving for roasted chicken wings,so olive oil,salt and pepper,garlic powder,chili powder and a light dusting of za'atar and they were wonderfully crisp and yummy...leftover cheesy mashed potatoes and sliced cuke and onion.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharpie freezer marker! It does NOT come off!
If it doesn't come off, then how do you relabel the container when you reuse it?

Chicken Shit seasoning
Is that a typo or really the name?

However since I have Covid I cannot leave my room.
Sorry to hear you got Corona. Hope you're okay.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Mayo, 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Celery, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Walnuts, Slice Kraft White American Cheese.

Dinner: Finished up the leftover Veggie Quiche. I put 3TB Hunt's Ketchup and 1/2TB Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce on top.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
View attachment 405161All the sauerkraut talk had me try a new brand. Cleveland kitchen sauerkraut with caraway seeds. We had it with brats last night
And tonight I mixed it with spaezle and butter and served it with chicken. It’s very versatile and I’ll never buy the Nathan’s bagged sauerkraut again. Cleveland kitchen for the win in taste test.
This is the first product of theirs that I tried. It's really good which is why I tried their kimchi.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All the sauerkraut talk has me tempted to try it again. So what do you eat it with? Just on the side of anything, like one would eat pickles?

Last night I had homemade baked beans, and for something different chopped up a veggie dog into pieces and added them in. It was ok. For dessert had 2 delicious clementines.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it doesn't come off, then how do you relabel the container when you reuse it?

The ink doesn't come off when exposed to freezer temperatures and condensation. Rubbing alcohol will remove the ink.

I just use cryogenic labels. They hold up to temps as low as -196 Celsius (yes, negative 196 C). I just use a pen or marker on the label. No issue with the ink coming off the cryo labels.

I took something out of the freezer for dinner, chicken tikka masala I think?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy Oh crap, I'm sorry about Covid. That just sucks on top of everything else you deal with. I hope you get better soon and it's not bad for you.

The Chicken Sh!t seasoning was great! I brined the chicken breast first, for about 90 minutes or so. Then, while the potatoes were baking in the NFG, I rinsed and dried the breast with paper towels. A quick spritz of avocado oil spray and a slather of the seasoning. Threw it into the NFG while the potatoes were finishing up.

I have a London broil marinating in the fridge since last night. That's going into the NFG tonight and we're having corn on the cob to go with it as well as a small salad. Since I finally figured out a good way to do a London broil, I've been experimenting with marinades and such. That cut of meat has been my downfall for a long time. Finally got it!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Oh crap, I'm sorry about Covid. That just sucks on top of everything else you deal with. I hope you get better soon and it's not bad for you.
Thanks, Pam. I think I have the Omicron variant as it is very mild. The worst part is the congestion and the coughing.

Last night I had a vegetarian hot dog and some broccoli.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All the sauerkraut talk has me tempted to try it again. So what do you eat it with? Just on the side of anything, like one would eat pickles?

Last night I had homemade baked beans, and for something different chopped up a veggie dog into pieces and added them in. It was ok. For dessert had 2 delicious clementines.
I eat it out of the container with a fork. One of the perks of being the only human in the house. I also like it on hot dogs with spicy deli mustard. It's just good stuff. If you're looking for the Cleveland brand I have found it in the produce section of the grocery store. Other bagged sauerkraut is usually in the deli section.

I have to run a couple of errands later. I think I'll pick up a sub from Jimmy Johns.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think I have the Omicron variant as it is very mild. The worst part is the congestion and the coughing.
I wasn't sure if you had Covid or other residents there did but I'm so sorry to hear you were affected by the variant. :hugs:

DH is having a turkey burger sandwich with swiss cheese and sweet potato fries tonight but I'm not sure what I'm having, maybe scrambled eggs with chopped veggies. We bought 2 bags of honeycrisps so plenty of apples in the house for dessert now. ;)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I must say, I just had the best dinner in here, since I have moved in~~ almost 3 years!!

They took my suggestions for a Chrstmas Dinner, and ran with it... I suggested a spinach-artichoke dip, and thinly sliced roast beef.. and cookies...

The meal we had was: Spinach-artichoke dip, with fried tortilla chips, thinly sliced roast beef, candied yams, asparagus.... and gingerbread cookies....
Hooray!! They listened to me!!

I am on the food committee; however, I spoke to both the Main Chief and his Assistant a couple fo weeks ago--both individually... They both said they wanted to do something 'different' for us, for Christmas!!

Yesterday, we had homemade mini Cannolis! A family recipe!! They were so good...

I cannot believe the head chief gave me so much food!! I got a triple order of the dip and chips!!
and a ton of roast beef!!

Wow! someone is actually listening to me!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am on the food committee; however, I spoke to both the Main Chief and his Assistant a couple fo weeks ago--both individually... They both said they wanted to do something 'different' for us, for Christmas!!

I cannot believe the head chief gave me so much food!! I got a triple order of the dip and chips!!
and a ton of roast beef!!

Wow! someone is actually listening to me!!

Wish the assisted living place muffy muffy lives at had something similar and really cares about the well being of the residents. Accommodating dietary needs shouldn't be difficult or expensive to do.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I must say, I just had the best dinner in here, since I have moved in~~ almost 3 years

That's wonderful. I hope they continue. Here is what they are having here for Christmas:
Granda's Christmas Salad, Citrus Glazed Ham or Baked Beef Brisked, Sweet Baked Yams, Broccoli, Biscuits and Christmas Poke Cake. I guess that sounds good to everyone but thd only thing I want are the yams and the broccoli. I have no idea what a Granda's Salad or the Poke Cake is.

[QUOTE="LTS3, post: 5458990,
Wish the assisted living place muffy muffy lives at had something similar and really cares about the well being of the residents. Accommodating dietary needs shouldn't be difficult or expensive to do.
Yes, that would be nice. I feel like most of the staff and the new owners don't give a sh*t about us. They just want our life savings.

Tonight they had vegetable wraps and fries for me. That is not bad. I never had wraps here before and they were really good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the sauerkraut talk has me tempted to try it again. So what do you eat it with?
I like it cooked on a sammich warm, either in the frying pan or toaster oven.

The ink doesn't come off when exposed to freezer temperatures and condensation. Rubbing alcohol will remove the ink.
That sounds like a hassle, if you have to scrub it off.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Mayo, 1TB Horseradish Mustard, 1Tsp Hot Mama's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Celery, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Slice BJs Medium Cheddar Cheese.

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Onion, Cucumber, Celery, Bell Pepper, Hard Boiled Egg, Walnuts, Apple, Dried Cranberries, Slice Kraft White American Cheese, 1/4 cup Thousand Islands Dressing

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I cook sauerkraut with pork and serve over mashed potatoes. It's considered good luck to eat this on New Year's Day. I love the stuff.

Our London broil was really good last night. We're going to slice the rest of it very thinly, sauté onions and peppers and then melt a bit of cheese over the sandwich. To be served with a simple salad. And that will be our Christmas Eve dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.