What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday. I had pork tenderloin and corn, but no potatoes because they had all kinds of dairy in them.

I also brought myself a brownie from the kosher bakery since I couldn't have cake.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday... Grilled cheese sandwiches and Broccoli and cheese soup
Today... Waffles, eggs, and bacon
Tuesday... Buffalo style mozzarella pork chops with veggies and apple sauce
Wednesday... Nachos
Thursday...Ravioli bake
Friday and Saturday... Eat out

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Saturday, our friends made BBQ with scalloped potatoes, baked beans. I had my cake. It worked. Dinner was very good.

On Sunday, I was going to do a chicken pie with that leftover chicken from Thursday. But, I don't know what happened. We had onion, pepper and cheese omelets with toast.

I need to use that leftover chicken. It might turn into a chicken pie. But, then again, it could turn into creamed chicken over homemade waffles. Or I might make some onion popovers and ladle the creamed chicken into the popovers. We're definitely having the chicken.....I just don't know what I'm going to make with it. Rick really likes the pie, but he also loves waffles. I love popovers. *sigh*

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made the buffalo chicken wraps I haven't made since going dairy free because my husband wanted it. It was stressful. First I had to cook J's chicken separately because there's honey in the sauce (thankfully my Worcestershire sauce is fish free), then make the blue cheese dressing separate for my husband and use my daiya blue cheeze for myself. And make sure I didn't cross contaminate.

This is tiresome.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I opended a can of Bush's vegetarian baked beans and ate them right out of the can. They were delicious.
They are! Yum. I had Bush's baked beans last night.

Sam's Club "Southern style" (pickle flavored) chicken. . .nuggets? Chunks? Anyway boneless breaded chicken things. And some "cheater" roasted veggies from Costco. Cheater because they come frozen already roasted so you just have to reheat them. Of course the texture's a bit off but the taste is great. Dipped in blue cheese dressing, both the chicken and the veggies. Easy but not too terribly unhealthy, I hope.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
(thankfully my Worcestershire sauce is fish free),
I find it's really hard to find a fish free, aka vegan, Worcestershire sauce, so I usually end up skipping it if a recipe calls for it.

Haven't posted here in a few days, and can't remember what I've been having. But tonight, I think, is going to be mushroom fried rice.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up with a chicken pie last night. Instead of an actual crust, I made drop biscuits and dropped them onto the creamed chicken and threw it into the oven. Rick had applesauce with his. Dessert was apple crisp with vanilla ice cream from the Creami.

Tonight will be pork chops with sautéed apples, sweet potatoes, and green beans. The rest of the apple crisp from yesterday.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it's really hard to find a fish free, aka vegan, Worcestershire sauce, so I usually end up skipping it if a recipe calls for it.

Haven't posted here in a few days, and can't remember what I've been having. But tonight, I think, is going to be mushroom fried rice.
Not sure which brands you have in Canada, but it looks like there are quite a few! I think the one I have is either Kroger or O Organics (can't check atm). I know when I bought it I wasn't looking necessarily for vegan, it was just lucky.

At the beginning of December, it'll be six months since I gave up fish, so I could try J on it to see if she can handle it now.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure which brands you have in Canada, but it looks like there are quite a few! I think the one I have is either Kroger or O Organics (can't check atm). I know when I bought it I wasn't looking necessarily for vegan, it was just lucky.
The one I found a couple times was Annies, but haven't have any luck lately.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
gonna try and cook up a country fried steak with mashed tater and some brussel sprouts. :rolleyes:gf goes to parents house for dinner tonight so i get to be my own lab rat:lol:

How did the cooking experiment go? :lol:

I had "Mexican stir fry beef". It's ok but not one I will order again. Maybe two little pieces of beef with way too many large chunks of onion and rice and beans and carrots. Some of the meals from the subscription aren't worth trying more than once.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did the cooking experiment go? :lol:

I had "Mexican stir fry beef". It's ok but not one I will order again. Maybe two little pieces of beef with way too many large chunks of onion and rice and beans and carrots. Some of the meals from the subscription aren't worth trying more than once.
:lol:have to begin cooking still

Status
Not open for further replies.