What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH was so excited because his favorite pizza place brought back Tuesday night half-price pizza. He had a bbq chicken pizza and I had their vegetarian special with spinach, mushroom, asparagus and tomato.

IMG_1322.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I ended up with a chicken pie last night. Instead of an actual crust, I made drop biscuits and dropped them onto the creamed chicken and threw it into the oven.
Now, I'd call that "chicken cobbler."

The one I found a couple times was Annies, but haven't have any luck lately.
Amazon carries it, if worse comes to worst.

Lunch was beef with peppers and rice. Dinner will be Chicken Enchilda Suiza, or however you spell it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner will be Chicken Enchilda Suiza, or however you spell it
Mmm, that's a good one. I'd like to learn how to make that sauce.

I made chicken drumsticks with wing sauce (because wings are ridiculously priced right now) and idk if that works. Too much meat for the sauce ratio. It wasn't terrible though. Also brussels sprouts.

The meat had a weird texture. Not soft. Like when I stuck a fork in it, a piece would just. . .chip? off, instead of shredding like usual. The last time I made drumsticks they did that too. I don't know if that's just how chicken legs are or if this batch was from chickens that were particularly dedicated to leg day, lol. But hey, only $1.50 a pound, I guess I can live with a weird texture :tongue: .

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night was the mushroom fried rice, and since it made 2 servings, I'll be having the same tonight.

Amazon carries it, if worse comes to worst.
The shippers are in the US, unfortunately, so prices are inflated. One is charging $35 for a bottle, the other $46 for 2 bottles. So think I'll continue to do without. There are some recipes, though, so I may try making my own.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
base for the chicken soup is on a low simmer... just skimmed for the first time... gotta skim some more is a bit.... Worst part of homemade chicken soup: Skimming the crud!!! But it is worth it!! ~~ I use fresh uncooked chicken.

So good....
Next time I will add the onion and parsley... then the carrots and celery....Will take the onion out at that time..

An hours on project... so worth it...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
getting crock pot roast started
Are you getting dinner ready to watch game 2 of the World Series or Hockey? DH will have to decide between baseball or hockey since the Blackhawks are playing tonight but unfortunately they haven't been very promising. :headshake:

I'm making veggie chili since it's getting cooler out and chili is one of my comfort foods. Raspberries for dessert.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I learned early in my long encounter with CFS/ME that if I managed to cook a lovely meal -and I loved cooking . baking etc - I was too exhausted to eat it lol.... frustration! So I changed tack and approach preparing food very differently . Still enjoy what I make and what I eat but it is very simple now. And love some of the simple good ready meals. Love reading here ... Just had noodles with carrots and tuna. It really hit the spot and the noodles and carrot part was already cooked. Carrots at this season are excellent.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night they gave me tator tots, a double serving of stewed tomatoes and a nice side salad.

Last night I was downstairs after dinner and was talking to my buddy (she does cat rescue) who works at the front desk. The new superviser of the kitchen was clocking out. He was talking to my friend and then he pointed to me and said "I'll talk to you tomorrow about your diet". I was so surprised I almost fell out of my wheelchair. He is young and everybody thinks he will be a good superviser. The other supervisor was old and acted like I was ridiculous to want a vegetarian diet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
last night they gave me tator tots, a double serving of stewed tomatoes and a nice side salad.

Last night I was downstairs after dinner and was talking to my buddy (she does cat rescue) who works at the front desk. The new superviser of the kitchen was clocking out. He was talking to my friend and then he pointed to me and said "I'll talk to you tomorrow about your diet". I was so surprised I almost fell out of my wheelchair. He is young and everybody thinks he will be a good superviser. The other supervisor was old and acted like I was ridiculous to want a vegetarian diet.
That's great. It's about time that someone there took your side. I hope he takes good care of you. You deserve it. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.