What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We're meeting relatives for pizza tonight, not sure if DH and I will share a thin crust or get deep dish.
We ended up sharing a large thin crust pizza but unfortunately neither one of us were too thrilled. Our city is known for pizza and the original owners sold a sizable portion of the company vowing nothing would change. Well they were wrong - I'd have to say, the proof is in the pudding so we won't be going back there. :headshake:

Tonight will either be minestrone soup with a baguette or pasta leftovers. Too early in the day for me to decide.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a relatively new place here in town...they have a Friday fish special,and their catfish is really good,so we had that,and it came with hush puppies and fries.We ordered some fried pickles and a big side salad that we split.It was all delish!What a treat!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thursday's chicken corn chowder turned into Chicken Stoltfus, which is kind of the same thing as chicken pot pie, but instead of the rolled-out noodles, it's rolled-out pastry squares....kind of like a pie dough thing. Baked until crisp, then served on a plate with the creamed chicken on top. Rick had his with applesauce and I had my with a bit of freezer cabbage. We hadn't had this in a long time, so while I was messing around with the chicken, I said to myself, "Self, yeah, why not?"

Friday night was pepperoni pizza from Papa John's.

Not sure about tonight. We've been invited to have dinner with friends. She said "picnic food". I'm thinking maybe burgers.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thursday's chicken corn chowder turned into Chicken Stoltfus
That sounds REALLY good! I'll have to search recipes. I'm cooking a bit more now that my BEAUTIFUL kitchen stool is here! JUST the right height to sit on to prep and cook! Nice, broad seat, that just matches my nice, broad seat!

Tonight...not sure. Am down to three dinners. Whatever looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.