What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I find it's really hard to find a fish free, aka vegan, Worcestershire sauce, so I usually end up skipping it if a recipe calls for it.

Haven't posted here in a few days, and can't remember what I've been having. But tonight, I think, is going to be mushroom fried rice.
[/QUO

Soy sauce or coconut aminos can be used in it's place.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to go to a 5:30 meeting so grabbed a handful of Trader Joe's peanut butter pretzel nuggets. When I came home I heated up the leftover pizza from Tuesday followed by a honeycrisp apple.
No idea what they are but they sound yummy.. I have not been in a shop etc for three years. My food comes in from supervalu.ie and they have a shopping page online.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I cut up a butternut squash and roasted it,grilled each of us a pork chop and we had applesauce to go with.
I just love roasted butternut! Large chunks, mixed with olive oil, and sprinkled very lightly with salt and pepper. So good!

Yesterday, when Clarence and I were out running around, I stopped at our local cheesemaker and picked up some baby Swiss and some good cheddar. We ended up with toasted cheese sandwiches with our split pea soup.

I took a dough ball out of the freezer this morning and stuck it in the fridge to thaw. I'll get it out of the fridge around 2:00 or so to start rising (although it was start rising in the fridge, once it thaws). Pepperoni and sautéed peppers and onion pizza is on the menu for tonight.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
he pointed to me and said "I'll talk to you tomorrow about your diet". I was so surprised I almost fell out of my wheelchair. He is young and everybody thinks he will be a good superviser

Maybe things will improve. Honestly vegetarian is not difficult at all to do and everyone would benefit from at least some meatless meals.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe things will improve. Honestly vegetarian is not difficult at all to do and everyone would benefit from at least some meatless meals.
No, vegetarian is not difficult but I'm the only one here and they just don't care. I pay $4,000 a month to live here and I should have something decent to eat and treated with a little respect. They had a resident council meeting on Tuesday but I had cataract surgery that morning and didn't feel like going. I would not have gone anyway. The manager knows my problems and she won't do anything. Someone at the meeting asked her about the different diets here and she said everybody has their choice of what to eat. That may be true but they don't always have any vegetarian, diabetic or low salt food on the menu. The new superviser said he was going to have a talk with me about my diet but that never happened.

I didn't go down for lunch or dinner today. For dinner I had a cucumber and some swiss cheese with ranch dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.