What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My "dinner companion" kept putting his hands on my food and coke and he removed the top from the salt shaker and put a pile in his hand and ate it. I tried to stop him but I could not. He is a sweet man but I could not deal with him anymore so I had to get up and leave.
Could you request to either sit at a different table or have him seated at another table? You shouldn't have to leave and eat alone in your room. :frown:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today,had an appointment in town to find a new phone for hubby,so dinner was catch as catch can.He heated up a sausage patty and some gravy,and heated up a couple of hot cross buns to have with,and I heated up the soft taco filling,chopped some lettuce and tomato and called it good...and it sure was!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you request to either sit at a different table or have him seated at another table? You shouldn't have to leave and eat alone in your room. :frown:
I would not want to hurt his feelings by asking for him to eat at another table. He sits there giving all kinds of gestures and he makes faces while he eats salt, mayo and his own snot. That is very annoying when someone is trying to eat.
I don't mind eating alone in my room at dinner. It gets way to busy.

Tonight they are having a side salad (lettuce and 1 or 2 cherry tomatoes) and a pickle. That is my only choice tonight. I would rather stay in my room and have a naan pizza. Every one else gets their choice of a beef pot pie or a tuna salad sandwich. I imagine people think it's my fault I don't get a decent meal because I'm a vegetarian. More and more people are turning vegetarian and they need to have some more options for us to eat.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to go back to town for the phone today(she locked us out of the account after 3 tries with the wrong pin-good grief!)had a litte grocery shopping to do and by the time we got to Woods,it was almost time for dinner),so we picked up some amish potato salad,a tomato and onion salad and some chicken tenders and that was dinner.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You guys will have to consider yourselves purraised tonight, with a HUG for muffy muffy . My "purraiser" is taking up to five minutes to post each one, and I am entirely out of patience with it!

For tonight, I'm going total LAZY! Supper will be seafood salad on Ritz crackers. It's been a week of almost no sleep, and I need a break...even from ramen noodles in the microwave! It doesn't get any easier than opening a container and a stack of crackers!

~mutters to self~ Although those crackers may be an issue...~

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The casserole I started to bake last weekend when my oven started acting up is what we're having.I took it out of the fridge and put it on the lowest burner setting on top of the stove and it cooked fairly well.Think I'll heat up some french green beans to have with.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to say that the Daiya fake blue cheese dressing is a good approximation of the real thing! Enjoyed it with my wings and veggies. Way better than the shredded cheddar Daiya I had on my tacos that had a weird texture akin to shredded carrots.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night they gave me mac & cheese, brussel sprouts, spaghetti noodles, 2 onion rings, garlic toast and coconut cake (ugh). I only asked for the mac & cheese and onion rings and that is all I ate. That was enough food for an army. I had 2 companions, Mary (98) and Mary Ann. They both live on my floor and are very nice. Mary Ann looks out for every body. Neither ate their brussel sprouts. What a waste. All they ate was their shrimp, coconut cake and a small amount of the mac & cheese. I've noticed that a lot of the residents eat very little healthy food but they love their deserts.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't posted for a few days, so I'll try to remember what I've eaten.

Last night was baked beans and oatmeal brown bread
Saturday night was Gardein Crispy Tenders on a bun, and a few fries on the side
Friday night was one of my naan pizzas, plus a slice of garlic toast.

No idea about tonight yet. But I need to start cooking again. I really miss my slow cooker :(

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night they gave me mac & cheese, brussel sprouts, spaghetti noodles, 2 onion rings, garlic toast and coconut cake (ugh). I only asked for the mac & cheese and onion rings and that is all I ate. That was enough food for an army. I had 2 companions, Mary (98) and Mary Ann. They both live on my floor and are very nice. Mary Ann looks out for every body. Neither ate their brussel sprouts. What a waste. All they ate was their shrimp, coconut cake and a small amount of the mac & cheese. I've noticed that a lot of the residents eat very little healthy food but they love their deserts.
It seems the food they provide are very high carb.. in both your place and mine.. with little if no emphasis on real salads, and fruits...
Carbs seem to be the cheapest things to buy..

I discovered, by a few doctors that as we age, our taste buds die off. The strongest ones are the sweet ones.. That is why really elderly people love their desserts/sweets....

I am not a fan of brussel sprouts also.. I had them once, during Christmas, at a relatives house.. Delicious... roasted, with a tiny bit of balsamic and some grated real Parmesan cheese... OMG>. so good...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The casserole I started to bake last weekend when my oven started acting up is what we're having.I took it out of the fridge and put it on the lowest burner setting on top of the stove and it cooked fairly well.Think I'll heat up some french green beans to have with.
lizzie lizzie Wait, what? What did I miss? Your new oven is acting up? Oh wow.
muffy muffy Who is taking care of your kitty while you're in assisted living?

I'm not sure of dinner tonight. Yesterday, we just had leftovers. (I had four containers of crock pot beans....three went into the freezer for future meals, one went into the fridge and Rick finished it off.) Probably some kind of soup with a couple garlic-parm rolls.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that a lot of the residents eat very little healthy food but they love their deserts.
I discovered, by a few doctors that as we age, our taste buds die off. The strongest ones are the sweet ones.. That is why really elderly people love their desserts/sweets....
Hehe, that reminds me of one experience. At a church event, my mom noticed an elderly man eating only a huge Hershey bar for lunch. She thought maybe he forgot or couldn't afford a proper lunch, so she went over and offered him a sandwich. He said no thanks, he's 90 and he can eat a huge Hershey bar for lunch if he wants to!

I still haven't made anything good, been eating too much junk/prepared food lately. Hopefully tonight I can make something decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.