What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Wait, what? What did I miss? Your new oven is acting up? Oh wow.
muffy muffy Who is taking care of your kitty while you're in assisted living?

I'm not sure of dinner tonight. Yesterday, we just had leftovers. (I had four containers of crock pot beans....three went into the freezer for future meals, one went into the fridge and Rick finished it off.) Probably some kind of soup with a couple garlic-parm rolls.
It's not exactly new...probably have had this for 3 or 4 years.It's the glass top we bought at Habitat for Humanity Restore.My repairman says it's probably 10 years old,and if so,when I bought it,it was in mint condition...looked like it had never been used...spotless.Even that braided seal on the door was clean as a whistle.Yes...the repairman says that's what it is...the thermostat ( or as he calls it "the sensor").Anyway we're waiting for that to come in.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="artiemom, post: 5336759, member: 79876"
I am not a fan of brussel sprouts also.. I he, during Christmas, at a relatives house.. Delicious... roasted, with a tiny bit of balsamic and some grated real Parmesan cheese... OMG>. so good...
[/QUOTE]
That sounds really good. I love brussel sprouts. I don't get them that often here. Like you said all I seem to get here are carbs because they are cheap.
My taste buds are shot. I seem to be able to taste sweets the most.

muffy muffy Who is taking care of your kitty while you're in assisted living?
[/QUOTE]
My sister has been taking of Tommy since February 2020. My sister sold her house and they have moved into my house until their new house is being built. They were dog people but I think Tommy has won them over.
The problem is that they have 2 Boston Terriers and they do not like having a cat around. I hope my sister can get the dogs and Tommy to get along before their house is finished. If not I will have to take him here. Tommy is semi feral and would go crazy being stuck in this room. He would be climbing the walls and running into the hall every time someone opens my door. It would be very difficult for me to catch him in my condition. I would also have to clean the litter box myself which would be difficult.

For dinner I had kale, rice and mixed vegetables.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I seem to have gotten myself on a Ritz cracker jag. And there is my favorite pimento cheese in the fridge. GUESS WHAT I'M HAVING? Oh, guys, this stuff is so good! It's a local product, made about 30 miles from here, on Pauley's Island. They call it "Palmetto Cheese," and it's made with bacon.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I seem to have gotten myself on a Ritz cracker jag. And there is my favorite pimento cheese in the fridge. GUESS WHAT I'M HAVING? Oh, guys, this stuff is so good! It's a local product, made about 30 miles from here, on Pauley's Island. They call it "Palmetto Cheese," and it's made with bacon.
They sell it here too. I don't think I've seen the one with bacon. Only the original and with jalapenos. It's good stuff. :yummy:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I made my Edamame and Egg Fried Rice, which makes 2 servings, so for once I know what I'm having tonight. :)

My sister has been taking of Tommy since February 2020. My sister sold her house and they have moved into my house until their new house is being built. They were dog people but I think Tommy has won them over.
The problem is that they have 2 Boston Terriers and they do not like having a cat around. I hope my sister can get the dogs and Tommy to get along before their house is finished. If not I will have to take him here.
muffy muffy : TCS has this article on How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog – TheCatSite Articles that might have some tips to help your sister with introducing Tommy to the dogs, and helping them become friends, or at least not enemies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do not know what I will have tonight. Tonight is still "tomorrow" night for me. Haven't been to bed yet. I had "stuff" to do, and darned if TWO neighbors, seeing my light still on, didn't stop in to visit WHILE I WAS "STUFFING!" Whatever it is, it will be dead easy, since I won't manage more than 4-4.5 hours of sleep. I still have STUFF.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's not exactly new...probably have had this for 3 or 4 years.It's the glass top we bought at Habitat for Humanity Restore.My repairman says it's probably 10 years old,and if so,when I bought it,it was in mint condition...looked like it had never been used...spotless.Even that braided seal on the door was clean as a whistle.Yes...the repairman says that's what it is...the thermostat ( or as he calls it "the sensor").Anyway we're waiting for that to come in.
I don't know what made me think you bought a new stove. Well, I hope you can get that thermostat installed soon! It's hard to be without an oven.

The problem is that they have 2 Boston Terriers and they do not like having a cat around. I hope my sister can get the dogs and Tommy to get along before their house is finished. If not I will have to take him here. Tommy is semi feral and would go crazy being stuck in this room. He would be climbing the walls and running into the hall every time someone opens my door. It would be very difficult for me to catch him in my condition. I would also have to clean the litter box myself which would be difficult.
I am glad that your sister has Tommy. Kudos to her! I hope the dogs will agree to keep him for a while until you can get back to normal.

And there is my favorite pimento cheese in the fridge.
My mom used to make pimento cheese and it was excellent. She didn't use bacon though. She always gave us some and we loved it with crackers and veggies. I have her recipe for it. Yum

I have pork chops thawing for tonight and will throw them in the FG. Thinking of roasted butternut to go with. And a salad, which will use up the last of our fresh salad stuff.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what made me think you bought a new stove. Well, I hope you can get that thermostat installed soon! It's hard to be without an oven.

I am glad that your sister has Tommy. Kudos to her! I hope the dogs will agree to keep him for a while until you can get back to normal.

My mom used to make pimento cheese and it was excellent. She didn't use bacon though. She always gave us some and we loved it with crackers and veggies. I have her recipe for it. Yum

I have pork chops thawing for tonight and will throw them in the FG. Thinking of roasted butternut to go with. And a salad, which will use up the last of our fresh salad stuff.
And so the saga continues.He came and installed the thermostat,we settled up and he left.I turned on the oven and waited for the beep to let me know it was ready (I needed to make bread today!)and it didn't.Stuck my hand inside and it was cold.So....I called him and he came back,and he started thru it bit by bit and everything checked out fine til he got to the mother board.Where it plugs into the back of the stove was burnt,and that was the end of that.Apparently there is a wiring issue somewhere and I'm not taking any chances.Who knows where or what...and he said if it were him,he'd be getting a new stove.But what is so endearing (to me anyway)...he tore up my check I'd given him,took the thermostat and just charged me for the service call.So tomorrow we are going to Menards and picking up a new Whirlpool smooth top.

Status
Not open for further replies.