What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having defrosted a piece of boneless pork loin I needed to Do Something with it. Question is, what? Browned meat, sauteed sliced onion and carrot. Too small for my Le Creuset so I used a Pyrex loaf pan. Put onions on the bottom, strewed some fresh thyme, rosemary, 3 cloves of garlic (shh, don't tell Himself). Then carrots, meat on top of vegetables. Made a lid of doubled over aluminum foil crimped tight and shoved it in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.

Took a container of cagamnto beans out of the freezer, thawed and reheated. Sliced some bread off a nice French country loaf I bought at Costco today.

And that was our dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I was shocked. I had ordered a salmon cake for supper. I had heard it was not bad... but I never ordered it... I ate before hand, because I was starving..

When it arrived, it looked so good.. I tried it.. OMG. I thought I was hallucinating... so I ate it!! not often do we get a good meal in here.. this was one of them..

It came will 'herbed' couscous... not bad... and some broccoli... tired of broccoli.. but it was a decent meal, for a change...

Now, if I order it again, when offered.. it will probably be horrible..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault What are cagamnto beans??
lizzie lizzie Good luck with your Whirlpool!

Last night, instead of butternut squash with our pork chops, I took the last of the ears of corn from our garden out of the freezer. We had done them in the food saver and they were still perfect. So good!

Tonight is spaghetti.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That's what happens when we know more words than the spell checker does so don't pay attention when it says something in wrongly spelled. It should have been cargamanto beans. Here's what Wikipedia has to say:

"The borlotti bean is a variety of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) first bred in Colombia as the cargamanto. It is also known as the cranberry bean, Roman bean, romano bean (not to be confused with the Italian flat bean, a green bean also called "romano bean"), saluggia bean, gadhra bean or rosecoco bean. The bean is a medium to large tan or hazelnut-colored bean splashed or streaked with red, magenta or black. "

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After my dentist visit this afternoon I stopped at the nearby Byerlys grocery store and picked up a grill at home Rueben sandwich from the deli. I have so been craving a Reuben so fingers crossed this is a good as it looked. I have been on a cucumber salad bender for the last few weeks so that will go along with the sandwich.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To christen my new oven,I'm baking my Easter ham,have the asparagus ready to steam and sweet potatoes to go in the oven.I know that Whirlpool is not a top of the line brand,and this one doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles (I didn't want any!) but out of all the brands of appliances that I have had,Whirlpool and I get along the best.As long as it works,I'm going to be a happy camper.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband wanted to do yardwork and work out, so instead of cooking like I planned, I had a sandwich with liversausage and fake American cheese on my Dave's Killer Bread. And oh my, it was quite good!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, your "tonight" is my "tomorrow night, but...last night (my tonight) I had roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans. That used up the last of the roast beef I had tucked in the freezer. I'm not sure about what I'll do tomorrow (mine) night. Not a clue. I did notice a can of roast beef sitting in the pantry...it was in the very front, so it's new, but I do NOT remember buying it. What in the name of Ceiling Cat do I do with canned roast beef, other than feed it to the ferals?????

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a sandwich with liversausage and fake American cheese on my Dave's Killer Bread. And oh my, it was quite good!
I'd forgotten all about Dave's Killer Bread till I saw this post earlier this morning. And since I was going to the store that sells it, I splurged and bought a loaf. Looking forward to trying it. Just have to decide whether to make a sandwich, or eat it plain with just some butter. Any suggestions, Dave's Killer Bread fans? Keep in mind, I'm vegetarian. :)

Last night I ended up having a slice of lentil loaf that I found in the freezer. Mashed potato would have been perfect with it, but I didn't have any potatoes, so settled on a few fries.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My dinner supply was getting a little low so last night I made an open faced egg salad sandwich with tons of veggies on top, had to eat it with a knife and fork. I went shopping today so tonight I'm making veggie chili since we're having a bit of a cold spell here.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A follow up on my Reuben sandwich in case anyone lives near a Byerlys. It was darn near perfect. Definitely a ten taste wise. The only thing wrong with it was that because it was so thick the middle didn’t get quite hot enough and I couldnt stop eating it to warm it up. Will definitely buy again and deconstruct it before grilling so everything gets hot enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.