What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Great to see you posting your meals again, neely neely . How's your mouth feeling?
Thanks so much, I appreciate it. 🤗 My mouth has recovered or at least until the next three months when I go back again. But I'm enjoying eating most of my favorite meals again. Tonight it's a toss up between lentil vegetable soup with an onion roll or make a bowl with brown rice and a bunch of veggies. Either way we did another big grocery shopping in anticipation of the storm headed our way so I included a dark chocolate espresso bean candy bar which I'll enjoy while watching it snow.❄

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't decided. I'm kinda thinking of taking a tour back to my childhood and having mac and cheese with hot dogs cut up in it. Being, however, an adult, and attempting (occasionally) to eat better, I'll have green beans with it...a very tiny nod to "healthy."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're having a chicken pie tonight for dinner. Rick dearly loves chicken pie (and remember this is the guy who really doesn't care for chicken all that much). I took some cooked chicken out of the freezer yesterday. It's basically creamed chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, and peas in a chicken gravy-type sauce. With a biscuit topping. Sometimes, if I'm feeling particularly lazy, I'll just throw a pie crust over the thing and call it done. Throw it in the oven.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made French toast with mimosas for breakfast this morning. Hit the spot!
Yesterday, Rick called me from the bowling alley to ask if I was willing to eat burgers twice in a row. Well, of course! So he went to Wendy's for burgers and their chili. With donuts from DD for dessert. Worked for me!

So I'm making that chicken pie tonight. And it will be a chicken pie as that's what Dear Richard wants.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made French toast with mimosas for breakfast this morning.
With alcohol?

Breakfast: Aldi honey granola, half a diced Snap Dragon apple, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk.

Lunch: Loma Linda Pad Thai, shelf stable microwave meal which tasted nothing like Pad Thai. I have one pouch left, I'll try to doctor it up.

Dinner: Roasted potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic in olive oil, I stirred in a diced hard boiled egg and put 3TB ketchup on top. I forgot my hot sauce. It also needed salt. I keep forgetting that when my mother cooks, she doesn't use salt, so I have to add it.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a clever idea to put the soup in a mug - I never thought of that. :doh:

Quinoa burgers on onion rolls for DH and me. I put roasted red pepper hummus, spinach leaves, zucchini and swiss cheese on mine. Coffee ice cream for dessert.
I have these really nice white corning ware mugs that I use for soup,etc. when I heat in the microwave.They're big,clean up real easy and I love them for a nice big cup of hot tea,too.I believe I got them at WalMart.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About those mugs - the ceramic mug lasts forever. The covers become brittle and break. Replacement covers are available but absurdly expensive. I just put a plate, upside down, over the top of the mug and its contents to microwave.

Tonight for dinner I

shredded the remaining stew meat from the other night in a Magic Bullet
mashed boiled potatoes with a Foley food mill
mixed together, added some beaten egg, shaped into patties and
browned in a cast iron frying pan with just a little oil

braised savoy cabbage for our side dish

Status
Not open for further replies.