What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They say you can judge a person by the way they treat animals.
That's exactly what a former vet who passed away too young once told us. She also said she thinks there's something seriously wrong with anyone who does not care for animals. I couldn't agree more. :agree:

Planning to have rotini pasta with portobello, roasted red pepper sauce and salad tonight for dinner.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's exactly what a former vet who passed away too young once told us. She also said she thinks there's something seriously wrong with anyone who does not care for animals. I couldn't agree more. :agree:

Planning to have rotini pasta with portobello, roasted red pepper sauce and salad tonight for dinner.
I agree. I don't have much use for people who don't care for animals.

Your dinner sounds delicious.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
50 years wow! My parents have been married a little longer than that and they barely tolerate each other but that's another story. I once knew a couple who at the time were married for over 60 years. They were like teenagers in love with their doting and pet names and all that :hearthrob:

Dinner is leftovers. I really need to start using up my stash of frozen chicken. I have zero freezer space at the moment. I think this weekend I'll take out a few frozen thighs or drumsticks and bake them in some way.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
50 years wow! My parents have been married a little longer than that and they barely tolerate each other but that's another story. I once knew a couple who at the time were married for over 60 years. They were like teenagers in love with their doting and pet names and all that :hearthrob:

Dinner is leftovers. I really need to start using up my stash of frozen chicken. I have zero freezer space at the moment. I think this weekend I'll take out a few frozen thighs or drumsticks and bake them in some way.
I need to also use up my stash of chicken breasts in the freezer... no room for anything else!!

I was thinking of baking 2, halves of a breast... with sweet potato, and corn... easy and good..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
muffy muffy muffy muffy Thanks! We will be married 50 years at the end of April this year. I was 16 and he was 19 when we got married. I think it's a good marriage, but it depends on whether we're speaking to each other at the time. We do have our moments! He's a good man, he's a good dad to the furgirls. And I love him.
That's amazing that you guys made it work, with having married so young. :redheartpump:

Tonight I took out a serving of veggie soup from the freezer. So I'll microwave that, and eat with some crackers. I'll probably have my usual apple for dessert.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whole wheat oyster crackers
Do you have a link to those wheat oyster crackers? I can't find them anywhere, only the white ones.

Throw the dough squares into the broth, wait about 25 minutes
That sounds interesting! Just throw the crust in there and it cooks up?

Breakfast: Aldi blueberry bagel toasted, 2TB butter, 1Tsp peppermint sugar, half of a diced snapdragon apple on top. This peppermint sugar is so good! At first bite it hits you hard, but after a few bites it gets really addicting.

Lunch: Nongshim vegan Kimchi noodle soup cup. This was really yummy and spicy. But I wish they had left the dried veggies in bigger chunks, I need texture in my food. Plus the long noodles are so hard to eat. Dad told me he breaks his up.

Dinner: My famous huge dinner plate salad- mixed greens, onion, cucumber, tomato, carrot, celery, yellow bell pepper,1 diced hard boiled egg, dried pineapple, diced dried figs, pickled jalapeno slices, shredded parmesan cheese, crushed flax chia tortilla chips, 3TB Catalina red french dressing. I am really loving these dried figs!!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was orange marmalade day...21 pints done,sealed and cooling.Yay!So dinner was quick and easy...chili dogs with onions and cheese.Hubby had a thin slice of homemade bread with a bit of marmalade for his dessert.
I love orange marmalade. I have a jar of it my sister brought me from my house. I put it on my toast every morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi You roll the dough out on a floured countertop. Cut the dough into squares (I use a pizza wheel). Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes or so. Then drop the dough squares into the simmering broth. As they drop in, they'll sink down, then rise to the surface. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, the cover the pot and simmer for another 10 minutes. And they are really good. It's basically just boiled dough square. But darn, beef pot pie is good. The dough is flour and butter cut in, beaten eggs, baking powder, and salt. And enough water to bring the dough together. I've also made chicken pot pie and ham pot pie, but the guys have always preferred the beef. Maybe it's a PA Dutch thing?
Rick's mom made pot pie squares, too, but she just simmered them in water. She never heard of actually adding them to the beef and potato broth. And the first time we had them in for dinner and I made beef pot pie for them, she was amazed. Our son makes it for their Christmas dinner bc the Grands love the stuff.
Recipe found here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Meat Scroll down the page a bit.

And it was really good last night. I put Mitchell Steak Seasoning in the oil I used to brown the beef. Added chopped onions and a wee bit of garlic. Added the broth and seasonings (and a cup of red wine) and let it go for a couple of hours. Yum!

Tonight? It's not delivery, it's Digiorno's. Or maybe it is delivery.....Papa John's. Whatever. It will be pizza.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The dough is flour and butter cut in, beaten eggs, baking powder, and salt.
Thanks, that sounds so good. When I made fried bread dough the other day, I didn't use any eggs. I wonder if that would have made it taste better.

Breakfast: Aldi honey granola, half a diced snapdragon apple, 1/3 cup 2% milk

Lunch: Nissin Cup Noodles Sweet Chili Stir-fry. It was pretty good, but wish it had bigger veggie pieces.

Dinner: Bowl of leftover veggie bean soup, added 1/8tsp fire salt, Huy Fong Sambal Oelek hot sauce, and Aldi white bean tortilla chips.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a choice of things:
A small cup of chicken noodle soup--not bad
A tiny Greek Salad
or
a small Quiche Lorraine, which I bought yesterday.

I am thinking the soup and salad; with the quiche for Sunday.
The idea of baking a chicken breast, from my freezer was appealing, but I am all chicken-ed out.
I need to use it, next weekend..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH is having a turkey burger with tater tots but I'm at a loss for what I will eat. I'm always starting at breakfast and lunch but don't have as much of an appetite at dinner. Maybe just a sweet potato or scrambled eggs with chopped veggies. :rolleyes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a small Quiche Lorraine
I would go with the quiche, with ketchup on it.

DH is having a turkey burger with tater tots but I'm at a loss for what I will eat.
I would be stealing some of those tater tots, if he'll let you.

Breakfast: Aldi blueberry bagel toasted with butter and McCormick vanilla cinnamon sugar, the other half of that diced snapdragon apple from yesterday on top. That's the last of those apples.

Lunch: Progresso lentil vegetable soup. The veggies are in such small chunks, wish they were bigger. I added 1/8tsp spicy fire salt, sambal oelek hot sauce.

Dinner: Leftover veggie bean soup. I added shredded parmesan cheese, 1/8tsp spicy fire salt, sambal oelek hot sauce. This hot sauce is weird, I think it's for cooking in stir-fries, not application at the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.