What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did actually get the chili made yesterday! It turned out quite well, and I have several portions tucked in the freezer for later. Tonight is HOT DOGS WITH CHEESE AND ONIONS! But I must finish up here and go dice an onion, or it will be hot dogs with sweet relish and mustard. That, of course, hath its own charms, but I want cheese and onions rather badly. Sometimes I think I should just sweat the onions down nicely, plop on a slice of bread, cover with cheese and run under the broiler!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
About those mugs - the ceramic mug lasts forever. The covers become brittle and break. Replacement covers are available but absurdly expensive. I just put a plate, upside down, over the top of the mug and its contents to microwave.
I have a couple of those mugs, as well. And often just use a sheet of paper towel to cover the mug when I microwave the soup.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: 2 slices of dad's homemade bread toasted with 2TB Jiff natural peanut butter, the other half of that diced snapdragon apple from yesterday. It turned brown, but it tasted fine.

Lunch: That last packet of Loma Linda Pad Thai that tastes nothing like Pad Thai. I love the vegetarian meat chunks in this, but the sauce is terrible. It might have been better on the stovetop, but they didn't give any instructions for that.

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad- mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, onion, yellow bell pepper, dried cranberries, dried figs, shredded parmesan cheese, pickled jalapeno slices, chia flax tortilla chips, one hard boiled egg, vanilla greek yogurt, cottage cheese, diced pear, 3TB Catalina red french dressing. There was tons more I wanted to put on it, but it wouldn't fit. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I have a recipe for New York Push Cart Onion Sauce that's really good on burgers and dogs. Might be something you might like. I made it a couple times for family picnics when we had dogs and burgers and it went over well. Does it really taste like what you get from a push cart in New York? Haven't a clue!

New York Pushcart Hot Dog Onion Sauce

2 Tbsp. oil
2 medium onion, cut in ¼-inch slices
¼ cup catsup
Pinch of ground cinnamon
½ tsp. chili powder
Dash hot pepper sauce
Dash salt
½ cup water

In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 7 minutes or until golden and limp. Add catsup and mix, then add remaining ingredients. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.

Not sure yet about dinner tonight. Thinking of just soup and maybe grilled cheese sandwiches.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Omelets. And bacon.

We went to Target today to pick up a script for Dear Richard. And I bought a new nonstick pan for omelets. Must try it out. I asked Rick if he wanted bacon with his omelet and he perked right up. "Bacon? Bacon, you say? Well, of course!" So bacon it is!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omelets. And bacon.

We went to Target today to pick up a script for Dear Richard. And I bought a new nonstick pan for omelets. Must try it out. I asked Rick if he wanted bacon with his omelet and he perked right up. "Bacon? Bacon, you say? Well, of course!" So bacon it is!
You and Rick seem to have such a good marrige. How long have you guys been married?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
new spicy chilli paste
Yum yum. Minus the chicken.

farfalle with spinach, avocado, mozzarella and parmesan cheese
Yum yum. Did you heat the avocado up and stir it in? Was the cheese melted like a sauce?

Breakfast: Aldi honey granola, half a diced snapdragon apple, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk

Lunch: Star Anise Foods Spicy Turmeric Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup Bowl. This was really spicy! Just noodles and broth, wish it had some veggies. It's hard to eat those long noodles in a soup without slurping. I finally had to use a fork, then drink the broth.

Dinner: Leftover veggie bean soup. I added a handful of mixed greens, spicy fire salt, Taco Bell Diablo hot sauce. Yum!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yum yum. Did you heat the avocado up and stir it in? Was the cheese melted like a sauce?
No, I cut up the avocado into small pieces and added it in after the pasta was cooked. Yes, the cheese was melted to a sauce consistency.

Dinner tonight was McDougall's garden vegetable soup with whole wheat oyster crackers. Walnuts and honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy Thanks! We will be married 50 years at the end of April this year. I was 16 and he was 19 when we got married. I think it's a good marriage, but it depends on whether we're speaking to each other at the time. We do have our moments! He's a good man, he's a good dad to the furgirls. And I love him.

Tonight we will have beef pot pie. This is not a pie, but beef simmered in a broth with some chunked potatoes and rolled out and sliced dough. Throw the dough squares into the broth, wait about 25 minutes and....yum! I just wish I had a wee bit of cabbage to make a little pickled cabbage to go with it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Thanks! We will be married 50 years at the end of April this year. I was 16 and he was 19 when we got married. I think it's a good marriage, but it depends on whether we're speaking to each other at the time. We do have our moments! He's a good man, he's a good dad to the furgirls. And I love him.
Wow, fifty years! That's really something. I can tell from your post that he is a very sweet and careing man. He does seem to love the kitties. They say you can judge a person by the way they treat animals.

Last night I had pizza, vegetables (carrots, zucchini, broccoli) and a side salad. The vegetables were good but the pizza not so much. My naan bread pizza is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.