What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a pretty good sized pan of fried rice...had everything in it but the kitchen sink!...heated up the 2 tenderloins from last night and sliced some cucumber for myself and that was dinner.Surprisingly enough,hubby said the rice was wonderful!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made chicken wings and roasted a bag of pre-seasoned brussels sprouts and carrots. I know I said I was giving up on chicken wings but it bugged me that I wasn't good at it so I kept trying and now they're terrific.

2 things I learned: storebought wing sauce (I just can't make homemade taste right), and applying a thick layer of sauce and then broiling them until almost burnt. Oh yeah. Today's sauces were Frank's Red Hot Stingin' Honey Garlic and Walmart brand medium-hot regular wing sauce. I put a piece of foil in the middle of the pan to separate the 2 sauces, worked pretty well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
W Willowy Man, I love wings. I used to have to wait til summer for wings because I didn't want to do them in the broiler. Now I just throw them in the NFG. I like a good bourbon sauce on mine, although I'm open to pretty much anything on wings.

Tonight will be pizza. I don't know if it will be delivery or Digiorno's. We haven't gotten that far yet.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided last night that tonight's dinner is going to be Roy Rogers. If I get brave enough, I might let my youngest drive us through the drive-thru. He has his Learner's and needs some nighttime driving experience. Roy's drive thru is pretty wide and easy to get through. Pray for me around 5pm!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made a pretty good sized pan of fried rice...had everything in it but the kitchen sink!..
Oh... now I'm craving my mushroom fried rice.

Falafel with cauliflower and broccoli - honeycrisp apple and a handful of walnuts for dessert.
Great to see you posting your meals again, neely neely . How's your mouth feeling?

If I get brave enough, I might let my youngest drive us through the drive-thru. He has his Learner's and needs some nighttime driving experience. Roy's drive thru is pretty wide and easy to get through. Pray for me around 5pm!!
Good luck.

1611926730173.png

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My local grocery store had pot pies on sale,and we haven't had them in forever,so hubby went and did some shopping for us and brought some home and that was dinner.Not great,but not bad,and I had some cucumber and onion salad to go with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When Rick made burgers the other week, he had two leftover that he stuck in the freezer. I got them out this morning. I'm in the mood for burgers and fries in the NFG. I'll do the fries first, then stick the burgers in when the fries are almost done.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having leftover vegetable soup for dinner- it's got all kinds of good stuff in it- carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, onions, garlic, beans, spiral pasta. I'll probably add a handful of mixed greens to it when I microwave it, since mom has outlawed most greens in her cooking. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.