What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And dinner was Gardein chick’n tenders, fries and salad.
Yum yum. But those fries and tenders need some sauce!

I made fried bread dough again today. It was so much better this time. I figured out that you have to roll the dough really thin or it tastes like a cardboard brick for some reason. I put powdered sugar on top. Yum.

Dinner will be leftovers of a southwestern rice casserole mom made last night. It's really good! It has shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, beans, veggies, brown jasmine rice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're right I needed a sauce for the tenders. I'll get some next time I go to the grocery store.
Life is all about the sauce we apply to it. Hee hee. ;)

Today I played around with my Baguette from Aldi. It said to bake it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, so I did. I made a veggie sub with half of it. The other half I chopped up in slices like I saw on Facebook and used it for crackers with my spinach dip spread on it. Yummy! I loved it even more than crackers. I need to get another one.

Dinner was just some whole wheat elbow noodles with butter and parmesan cheese on it. I didn't feel like making anything else.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cooking-from-your-pantry recipe from the NY Times last March. Tried it, liked it, have made it several times, ringing in variations.

Boil water to cook penne (could be spaghetti, or whatever kind of pasta.) Chop some onion and saute with olive oil. Chop sweet red pepper, add to onions, keep simmering. Add a ladle's worth of starchy water from the pasta and heat to reduce it, making things sauce-y. Drain a can of tuna in water (water goes to the cats, of course) and add tuna to onion and pepper. Add some sliced black olives to taste. Tonight I cooked some frozen green peas, added them also.

Simple to make, looked good, tasted good,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made two pans of lasagna yesterday for today. Made two loaves of bread. I need to get the Caesar salad together later on bc I want to grill the romaine in the NFG. The Caesar dressing is already made as are the croutons.

Here's the bread. I usually have the top braid over to the side. I get it on centered, but as it rises, it tends to fall over a bit. Doesn't affect the taste, though! The topping is simply an egg wash with King Arthur's Ancient Grains sprinkled on.
EggBraids.jpg

Dessert will be THE white coconut cake. We picked it up yesterday. I also made a strawberry/angel food trifle bc Rick doesn't like coconut.

My sister and BIL are coming over to pick up their share of dinner. As is Bob. They'll take it home and eat there.

Usually I make a standing rib roast with Yorkshire pudding for my birthday dinner. Back in December, Rick said he was really hungry for lasagna, so I suggested I do that for my birthday. He was all for that.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner last night I had scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese, corn on the on the cob and vanilla pudding. No wonder I am getting so fat.

I've noticed that some people have not been posting here lately. I hope I have not chased anyone away with my post about assisted living and hunting in the vegetarian section. You people are the only ones I have to talk to.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick said he was really hungry for lasagna, so I suggested I do that for my birthday. He was all for that.
I was wondering if that meant it was your birthday. Happy Bday! I love lasagna. Now I want some. :yummy:

For dinner last night I had scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese, corn on the on the cob and vanilla pudding. No wonder I am getting so fat. I've noticed that some people have not been posting here lately. I hope I have not chased anyone away
Desserts are the only thing I worry about. I put on 10 pounds sampling all those sweets the last couple weeks!...Of course you didn't chase us away. I love hearing about your day/meals and hope you don't mind hearing about mine. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.