What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
lizzie lizzie , you always have the most delish food :)!

We had spaghetti meat sauce (with a lot of meat lol) and instead of noodles I healthified it a little and had a brown rice and quinoa mix, and corn niblets. I made the bar/cookie recipe from the inside of the lid from the big quaker oats canister, with less sugar and additional craisins and chocolate chips. My goodness they're tasty!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we have some of our pot roast left over as well as gravy. I'm thinking of either making hot beef sandwiches with gravy or making simple baking powder biscuits with the beef and gravy. I'll decide later on today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I made a baked alfredo pasta dish with squash chunks. My mother insisted on roasting the frozen squash chunks first even though they were already soft. I knew it would be overcooked and it was. But there was no changing her mind, she's very controlling. But I had the idea to crush almond cookies and bake on top, so the sweetness helped mask the burnt flavor.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I batch cooked some green thai curry, chicken madras, shepards pie, bolagnese and lasagne
Wow, that all sounds amazing!

For lunch & dinner I had the leftover squash alfredo. I put crushed up almond cookies on it and baked. The gluten free buckwheat noodles totally disintegrated sitting in the sauce overnight, so it doesn't taste like pasta anymore, it tastes like squash pudding with almond cookies on it. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Even though it was a nice day, I was in a lazy mood, so didn't do much, and therefore, wasn't hungry either. So my dinner last night was buttered toast with cinnamon sugar sprinkled over it. I did up the nutrition a bit, with a large Granny Smith apple for dessert.

Not sure about today's menu. However, a friend went for groceries yesterday, so I got them to get me a few things, including bagged salad So I'll be having a giant salad at some point today. :woohoo:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you bake them? I've seen recipes where you bake the whole thing, I would love to try them.

I use that word all the time now. I blame you guys!

Any veggies in it or just plain pasta sauce? I like lots of veggies in mine for texture.

Is that the same thing as baked beans?
Nope...didn't bake them.I made a meatless queso with my homemade salsa and Velveeta,melted in the microwave.Poured it over my chips and topped the whole thing with chopped lettuce,tomatoes,chopped green onion and sour cream.That's my version anyway,and it was yummy!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had my delicious salad for lunch yesterday, and for dinner wanted some comfort food, so made Kraft Dinner. Normally, I would end up having some for a 2nd meal, then throwing out the rest, however, in these days of trying to make food last as long as possible, I carefully measured out 3 servings, and will have one today, and freeze the third one. Anyone ever freeze Kraft Dinner? Just wondering if I'm wasting my time. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.