What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had ginger granola with diced honey crisp apple and almond milk

For dinner I made an enchilada casserole. It was pretty good! It just needed more sauce. But the spices were good. I went around with my pinch spoon and threw in 6 spices- cilantro, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, garlic parsley salt. A pinch is half of 1/8 tsp.
I also put in 2 corn tortillas, cannellini beans, canned corn, squash, flax seed, crushed pistachios, tomato sauce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, 2 slices muenster cheese, bread crumbs with melted butter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Have been eating Johnsonville Sausages, salads, green beans, Nicole sent meals
down last week. Not much of an appetite with the stress from the C word, I'm
in the mood for the Nachos Supreme from TBell. May have for lunch.
You've all been eating tasty food!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a couple of sweet Italian sausages out of the freezer, for tonight. I have some carrots, which need to be used.

Thinking it will be a roasted carrots, roasted potato and sausage mix.

Debating of either putting the sausages in with the potato and carrots, or pan frying it on top of the stove.

Thinking the order will be: carrots first, wait 10 minutes, then potatoes, wait another 20 min and then the sausages, until all is cooked... or should I put the potatoes and carrots first?

I never get this right!!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took a couple of sweet Italian sausages out of the freezer, for tonight. I have some carrots, which need to be used.

Thinking it will be a roasted carrots, roasted potato and sausage mix.

Debating of either putting the sausages in with the potato and carrots, or pan frying it on top of the stove.

Thinking the order will be: carrots first, wait 10 minutes, then potatoes, wait another 20 min and then the sausages, until all is cooked... or should I put the potatoes and carrots first?

I never get this right!!!
Pan fry the sausages
Make the potatoes into home fries (I boil them first, dry them and then cook them in the pan so they cook faster and get crisp)
Slice the carrots and eat them as is with a dip

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been struggling with dinner lately, i.e. just not that hungry because I'm not as active as I'm used to. I was going to make rotini noodles with mushroom pasta sauce and veggies but neither DH or I have much of an appetite. Maybe scrambled eggs, maybe not, IDK. :dunno:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I made a savory bread pudding with onion,bacon and ham with sharp cheddar on top and it was wonderful.Hubby was impressed,so we're going to finish it up for dinner tonight with a tomato,onion and cucumber salad on the side.Yay!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I made a savory bread pudding with onion,bacon and ham with sharp cheddar
Yum! I don't like dessert, but something savory like that, I might like.

For lunch I finished up the Ginger Granola with diced honey crisp apple and finished up the almond milk.

For dinner I had roasted potatoes/carrots/onions/garlic mix with vegetarian chicken nuggets cut up and stirred in. Also stirred in 1 TB hot sauce.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Caylee has been browning Brats, then cooking them with red peppers, yellow peppers and onions,
in a mixture of beer, about a quart, and butter. Soooo good!! Cooks for about 25 mins.
I have 4 left and also some Andouille sausages are good as well.

Had a baked potato for dinner and green beans. Tasty!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I made enchilada casserole- 2 corn tortillas, black beans, corn, squash, flax seed, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, taco sauce, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, garlic parsley salt, cilantro, 2 slices mozzarella cheese, breadcrumbs with melted butter

For dinner I had my huge dinner salad-- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, onion, diced pears, dried cranberries, cauliflower crackers, coconut flakes, flax seed, candied pecans, hard boiled egg, crystallized ginger, cottage cheese, 1 slice colby jack cheese, thousand island dressing

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We had our go to dinner tonight, i.e. veggie quinoa burgers on a bakery roll. I add roasted red pepper hummus, tomato, spinach leaves and a slice of Swiss Lorraine cheese. Fresh raspberries for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making two pizzas in cast iron pans tonight. One will be BBQed chicken pizza; I don't have any smoky provolone, so will just use pepper jack cheese. The other pizza will be a standard pepperoni will lots of sauteed onion and pepper strips and mozz. Leftovers will be good for Saturday lunch.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH bought a new brand of garlic bread when we went to the store yesterday so I'm planning to make the rotini noodle pasta that I didn't make the other day. The only thing I will change is the sauce and use Pomodoro since it has a zestier flavor. Side salad with chopped veggies too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I will change is the sauce and use Pomodoro since it has a zestier flavor
What is Pomodoro? Is that vegetarian?

I just made the most horrendous pasta casserole for lunch. :lol: I was trying to use up this Thai ginger cooking sauce that was so bland. So I tried adding my own spices. I don't know which spices are Thai, so I just threw in Lemongrass, Oriental 5 Spice, Tamarind Paste, Black Pepper, Salt, Habanero powder. Yuck! Where did I go wrong? I also put a TB of coconut milk in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.