What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Today is hubby's birthday,and he wanted a whole roasted chicken,mashed potatoes,lima beans and apple raisin pie in stead of cake,so…..that was dinner!I also made him cinnamon raisin biscuits for breakfast!
Your husband has good taste! I’m sure you agree because he’s married to you 😆 anyways, that’s what my husband says...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never had Cheez Whiz before. Somehow cheese in a can just seems wrong.
Oh, no, no, NO! Easy mistake to make, but cheese in a can is "Easy Cheese," and it is nasty. Cheese Whiz comes in a jar. It was developed as a spread, or a sauce, and can be used to make dips. THIS is Cheese Whiz:

1579993997044.png

I utterly agree with you on Easy Cheese. It's fundamentally just wrong!

SO...hot dogs with cheese and onions tonight.

TOMORROW night, though, I'm making pork chops with sweet onion/sour cream gravy, mashed potatoes, and...if I get a ride to the store...fresh green beans sautéed with almonds in bacon drippings. If I can't, a can of green beans which doesn't sound nearly as nice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
soup with oyster crackers
I haven't had oyster crackers since I was a kid. I loved those in tomato soup.

big salad for dinner and an apple afterwards
Apples are good in salad.

Cheese Whiz comes in a jar.
Yeah, I was gonna say, Cheese Whiz comes in a jar here, not a can.

For dinner I had a vegetarian meatball sub. I put too much hot sauce on it, a tablespoon. I think a half tablespoon is plenty. :eek2:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonite was clean out the leftovers night,so we had a little pot roast and a couple of pieces of chicken left,so I steamed some cauliflower and made latkes,with onion,so we had to have sour cream and applesauce.I haven't made them in awhile...they were so good!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Huh. Cheez Whiz is what everyone I grew up with called the canned cheese.

Tomorrow I'm cooking one pot chicken and rice. I have to get leafy greens from the market tomorrow. Probably Swiss Chard again unless I want to be lazy and use packaged spinach. I'm not a fan of kale or other sturdy greens. I'm using butternut squash instead of carrots this time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom That pie sounds wonderful. I love sausage and apples together.

Last night we had brats with onions and peppers. Tonight we're splitting a Cornish hen. I have some leftover stuffing from Christmas (with just Rick and me) in the freezer and I'll throw that in the oven. I've never frozen stuffing before, but people say it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.