Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pain.

:flail:

I am not fond of toothaches. It's more fun to make cat food and dog food right now. I give up.

This too shall pass.

Mmmmm....sausage, apple and sage pie.....I never thought about combining those flavours. It sounds good. Do you have a recipe I can veg*nize?
You can use the Beyond sausages or the Field Roast brand ones that they sell in grocery stores. I'm pretty sure that the Field Roast brand is vegan. Not sure about Beyond

Lolliecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh food is my favorite topic other than critters 😂

Last night I made red lentil pasta with chopped Kielbasa and cabbage. Then I made white gravy and put it over top.

Tonight I’m thinking about maybe making stuffed venison tenderloin with fingerling potatoes and roasted Brussel sprouts. But burrito bowls sound good too so we’ll see!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I gave feedback on the meal kit I got this week. The only odd thing I found was a single large oddly cut shaped piece of carrot in both salads :headscratch: The person replied back and said the carrot was "lacto-fermented" and meant to be eaten after the salad for digestive purposes. Ok then :dunno: When I eat salad, I just pick and choose. I didn't realize there was some order to what gets eaten first. It all ends up in the stomach anyways.
Who knew salads needed to come with "eating" instructions. :lol:

Do any of you deliberately cook for leftovers too?
Occasionally, like if I'm making pasta I'll cook enough for a 2nd meal the next day. Most of my recipes for things like beans and rice, however, make several servings anyway, so there's always leftovers to go in the freezer.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had broiled chicken thighs, using my go-to of equal parts soy sauce, grainy mustard, brown sugar, and sherry. Accompanied by mashed potatoes, and baby green peas with celery. Himself had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert and I had too much Hagen Daz salted caramel almond ice cream. Which is very good!

I cooked 4 chicken thighs, so there are two for probably tomorrow - cube, make a mushroom sauce, serve over pasta or rice. Another meal will have a beaten egg and a little flour added to the left over mashed potatoes which will then be fried up in patties. Either a side dish or serve with an egg over easy for lunch.

I have a Michael Field cookbook about deliberately cooking for leftovers - pot roast becomes hash, etc. Do any of you deliberately cook for leftovers too?
I always cook for leftovers.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can use the Beyond sausages or the Field Roast brand ones that they sell in grocery stores. I'm pretty sure that the Field Roast brand is vegan. Not sure about Beyond
I think the Field Roast brand is good. I believe it is vegan.

My neighbors took me grocery shopping today and we had dinner at Taco Bell. I had a 7 Layer Burrito. It was messy but tasty.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to understand here - so, Furballsmom Furballsmom and Kat0121 Kat0121 , if you wanted some chicken for a chicken and mushroom sauce over pasta or rice what your you do - cook some chicken from scratch to use in an assembled meal the same day, or go buy a Costco barbecue chicken?
I buy chicken thighs in a family pack then portion them out. When I want some, I thaw out a portion and then make enough sauce for that portion. I only cook for myself. Sometimes I will leave some of the cooked chicken plain for the cats but that's it. I don't buy rotisserie chicken. I don't like the breast meat and won't eat it. I wish they would sell the rotisserie chicken cut up. DD doesn't like it either. I wish we had a Costco. We only have Sam's.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may not have a vegetarian friend who lives close by but you have many veggie and non-veggie buddies on TCS who support you with advice, recipes and friendship.
I wish you guys lived in my town! We could do lunch.

carrot was "lacto-fermented" and meant to be eaten after the salad for digestive purposes
How fancy! Kinda like a probiotic or something? :lol:

I prefer smaller portions, but I like leftovers if it's something I love, like casseroles or pasta.

Taco Bell. I had a 7 Layer Burrito
That's my favorite!

For dinner I had a vegetarian taco salad. This one was better than last time because I put lettuce on it. I didn't realize there would be much difference, but definitely gotta have the lettuce! I could tell something was missing last time.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How fancy! Kinda like a probiotic or something? :lol:

Probably? I don't know. People these days use "fancy" words to describe lots of otherwise normal things because it's the trendy thing to do :rolleyes: It's probably also part of marketing the meal kit to appeal to people who want to eat healthier and all that.

Tomorrow I'll have some of the frozen pizza slices.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does anyone else think that "lacto-fermented" sounds suspiciously like "soaked in milk"?

I haven't had Cheez Whiz since I was a kid.
I love it. I like to stir it into broccoli and cauliflower. Instant cheese sauce!

Sometimes. I make a lot of "big batch" stuff, and that always involves leftovers. I won't do anything I can't freeze, though. Luckily, all of my favorites freeze very well!

I think tonight will be scrambled eggs and biscuits. I feel bake-ish. I want to get my hands in a pile of flour.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was cold and snowy,which screamed soup! to both of us,so we had tomato basil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.Hit the spot!
I try and cook so that there's leftovers almost all the time.We both love leftovers,and I do try to put together something different from time to time.Depends what's in the pantry or the fridge at the time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's snowing here again so we needed some comfort food - I made farfalle pasta with portobello mushroom and roasted red pepper sauce, garlic bread on the side. LTS3 LTS3 We bought two Cosmic Crisp apples to try and liked them very much. 🍎

I wish you guys lived in my town! We could do lunch.
That would be awesome! :thumbsup: And don't forget coffee too.;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always cook for leftovers.
Sometimes. I make a lot of "big batch" stuff, and that always involves leftovers. I won't do anything I can't freeze, though. Luckily, all of my favorites freeze very well!
I try and cook so that there's leftovers almost all the time.We both love leftovers,and I do try to put together something different from time to time.Depends what's in the pantry or the fridge at the time.
C catapault --

same here! i always (99.9% of the time) make full batches or large batches, then portion and freeze all but the few servings i'll eat over a few days. so really, i mostly eat leftovers -- of home cooked meals. :biggrin:

i heated up the last serving (that i didn't freeze, out of the large batch) of ham and split pea soup that i made a few days ago. the last (that was thawed) of the mint carob brownies for dessert, later in the evening. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.