What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a plan. It's hard, I know, trying how to not waste food, when it's only one person eating it. I have that problem whenever I buy a bag of salad.
I don't like wasting food but at the same time, eating leftovers for days can be :cringe: :nervous::thud:I'm more worried about the salads since they're perishable. I'm not a salad person :dunno: Maybe too many "salads" of just boring Iceberg lettuce growing up.

Is that similar to flat bread pizza?

Well, naan is an Indian flatbread so I would assume a naan pizza is almost like a regular flat bread pizza :)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby went to town this morning and bought a whole pork loin for $1.49 a pound...yay!I packaged it up into numerous meals and saved a small sized roast and made a pork potroast,complete with carrots,onion,celery and potato.That was dinner and it was yummy!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is that similar to flat bread pizza?
Sorry, M maggiedemi , missed your question when I read your post yesterday. :oops:

Well, naan is an Indian flatbread so I would assume a naan pizza is almost like a regular flat bread pizza :)
Thanks LTS3 LTS3 for catching M maggiedemi 's query and answering. 🤗

I guess naan is pretty much the same as flat bread, but maybe thinner, and a bit drier and less chewy. :headscratch:
The ones I buy are something like these: Marketside Original Naan, 7.5 oz, 4 Count - Walmart.com

Thank you, Ruby, and the rest of you praising the email. I was able to keep food down today. I found out I don't go to the doctor until Thursday. Then I have two more test by the end of the month. I hope they find something.
More hugs, muffy muffy . :hugs:

I'm more worried about the salads since they're perishable. I'm not a salad person :dunno: Maybe too many "salads" of just boring Iceberg lettuce growing up.
I'm not a huge salad person either, so a salad every single day would be too many for me. Especially if they were too large to eat all at once. Is opting out of the salads, an option.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm more worried about the salads since they're perishable. I'm not a salad person
You could throw the salad fixins on toast and make a sandwich. I do that sometimes.

For dinner I had a vegetarian taco salad. We put rice in it, which tasted kind of weird. Maybe it just needed more seasoning.
Also had kidney beans, black beans, salsa, onions, garlic, avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese. I put a new hot taco sauce on it.
The nacho chips were full of Omegas!-- Flax, Chia, Millet, Quinoa

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First meal kit is here:woo: The pizza is a large plain cheese one :eek3: I ended up getting a Lyft ride home because there was no way I was attempting to carry a large bulky pizza box plus a heavy bag with the rest of the meal kit home by public transportation.

Pictures I took at home (pictures edited for privacy):

20200121_151516.jpg

20200121_151630_Burst02.jpg

20200121_151744.jpg

20200121_151933.jpg

20200121_151713_Burst01.jpg

I didn't take a picture of the soup since it's hard to really see the soup from the opaque container.

I had the Tel Aviv Mediterranean salad for dinner since the label says to eat it by Jan. 23. It's a huge container so I set half aside to have for lunch tomorrow. The salad was pretty good. The lemon tahini vinaigrette is :yummy: I also had a slice of the pizza. It was ok, nothing spectacular. I froze the rest of the slices.

20200121_162835.jpg

Dinner tomorrow will be the other salad. It's also huge so I'll have to take half of it for lunch.

I froze the grain bowl and the entree since I won't get to those until the weekend. The soup is in the fridge but I may just freeze that too.

I can definitely get quite a few lunches and dinners out of a one kit :agree: That makes the cost of the kit worth it. I don't plan on receiving a kit every single week. I'll wait for the menu to come out on Thursdays and then decide if I want to cancel for that week or not.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First meal kit is here:woo: The pizza is a large plain cheese one :eek3: I ended up getting a Lyft ride home because there was no way I was attempting to carry a large bulky pizza box plus a heavy bag with the rest of the meal kit home by public transportation.

Pictures I took at home (pictures edited for privacy):

View attachment 318754

View attachment 318756

View attachment 318757

View attachment 318758

View attachment 318759

I didn't take a picture of the soup since it's hard to really see the soup from the opaque container.

I had the Tel Aviv Mediterranean salad for dinner since the label says to eat it by Jan. 23. It's a huge container so I set half aside to have for lunch tomorrow. The salad was pretty good. The lemon tahini vinaigrette is :yummy: I also had a slice of the pizza. It was ok, nothing spectacular. I froze the rest of the slices.

View attachment 318760

Dinner tomorrow will be the other salad. It's also huge so I'll have to take half of it for lunch.

I froze the grain bowl and the entree since I won't get to those until the weekend. The soup is in the fridge but I may just freeze that too.

I can definitely get quite a few lunches and dinners out of a one kit :agree: That makes the cost of the kit worth it. I don't plan on receiving a kit every single week. I'll wait for the menu to come out on Thursdays and then decide if I want to cancel for that week or not.
That is a nice looking pizza.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I heated up some left over Oodles of Noodles and added a can of Bush's Chili beans with some sour cream. Not healthy but tasty. I have no business eating beans in my condition but I needed something different. I have plenty of Imodium and I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow in case my IBS kicks in.

I have some ice cream for later.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
made a cheesy sauce using Cheez Whiz
I haven't had Cheez Whiz since I was a kid.

Yeah, most portions are too big for me, they often make 2 meals.

For dinner we had our free pizza from Pizza Hut. I had Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Onions, Black Olives, and Pineapple on my half.
It was pan pizza with "garlic buttery blend" crust. It was fantastic!

FYI, when you pick the crust flavor, don't get "Hut Favorite", we got that last time and it was disgustingly salty. I don't know why we have to pick the crust flavor anyway, we never had to in past years. :rolleyes3:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had the other salad for dinner. It was bigger than the other one so I set half aside for tomorrow's lunch.

20200122_160859.jpg

It had the same lemony vinaigrette as the other salad :yummy: I picked out the olives :barfgreen: I took out the frozen Korean grain bowl to have for dinner tomorrow. I'll have some of that with the chicken soup.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't had Cheez Whiz since I was a kid.
I hadn't had it in years and years, either. But then bought it on a whim a year or so ago, and now keep a jar in the fridge, as it's a nice snack on crackers, or like I did last night, mixing some in pasta for a quick cheezy sauce. 🧀

Status
Not open for further replies.