What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need pics! :camera:
My brother sent me an ipad that appears to have a camera on it! I have no idea how to even turn it on. :lol:

I still need to go have a colonoscopy
I had one of those. It was no fun. :eek2:

a tea biscuit
What is a tea biscuit?

For dinner I had a "Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme" from Taco Bell. It is a new vegetarian item. It was amazing! I put the last of my hot taco sauce on it. Now I can open a new bottle! :thumbsup:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Toast with freshly made jam sounds yummy! What kind of jam did you make?

Tonight's menu will be roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. I'm thinking of baby carrots roasted with honey, parsley and rosemary. And a simple chocolate pudding for dessert. It's been ages since I made chocolate pudding.
Yesterday I made red raspberry,and today I made half blackberry/half elderberry.I'm thinking tomorrow I may make 100% elderberry.Oh,and the other day I made orange marmalade.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was digging in the freezer,I found a pork sirloin roast,so today,after making more jam,I baked it in the oven and turned half of it in to bbq pulled pork,so tonight we had sandwiches with cinnamon sweet lime pickles and buttered corn.Yummy!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!!

Cubed Chicken, with a little picante sauce, cheese, and canned black beans, green beans and mushrooms in a one pan supper. I made Cooks Country's latest carrot cake. It's pretty good :)
Oh my gosh indeed!These are soooooo good!I'm so happy I decided to make them this summer...I will never be without them again!To die for!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I'm really sorry that you're not feeling better
lizzie lizzie You made some good jams! I have a recipe for an Orange Marmalade cake that I make from time to time. It's from Jan Karon's Mitford series.

Our roast beef and pudding were so good last night. No leftovers from the pudding, but there are leftovers from the beef and some gravy. I'm thinking of some kind of hash. Or mixing the gravy with chunks of beef and ladling the mixture over freshly baked baking powder biscuits. We'll see how lazy I am.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Next week's meal kit sounds yummy:yummy:

Casbah - Carrots, summer squash, chickpeas, sunflower seeds, and raisins, which offer a touch of sweetness, are piled on top of high-protein quinoa and organic baby greens, and accompanied by a delightfully seasoned Middle Eastern vinaigrette. Vegan and Gluten Free. Also available in Pro and Paleo versions with high-quality chicken.

Kale Caesar - made with fresh zucchini, shaved Parmesan cheese, walnuts, parsley, and chickpeas over whole grain rice and, true to its name, baby kale. Served with our vegetarian (but not vegan) Caesar dressing. Vegetarian and Gluten Free. Also available in Pro and Paleo versions with high-quality chicken.

Colorado Turkey Chili Dinner to GO - turkey simmered in a tangy, tomatillo-based green sauce. Served with southwestern vegetables over organic high-fiber brown rice. Flavorful but not spicy. Gluten, Dairy, & Soy Free.

Winter Minestrone Soup - hearty and packed full of root vegetables and Tuscan kale. Black eyed peas and tomato thicken the broth of this savory soup. Vegan, gluten & soy free.

The Burbank - seasoned organic quinoa, succotash (a bean and corn mixture high in essential amino acids), roasted cherry tomatoes and a vegan orange aioli sauce. Available in vegetarian and Pro format with high-quality chicken. Gluten & Dairy Free.

Not sure if the Pro option for the salads cost extra or not.

Tonight I have pizza. I think there's still 6 slices left in the freezer.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds amazing!

We need pics! :camera:

I've been craving tomato soup, so that sounds yummy. :yummy:

Are you feeling better, muffy muffy ?
Hi Rubysmama,

Thanks for asking. I am not getting any better. My doctor said something about going to the ER if my IBS does not get any better. I still need to go for a colonoscopy and another test.
lizzie lizzie You made some good jams! I have a recipe for an Orange Marmalade cake that I make from time to time. It's from Jan Karon's Mitford series.

Our roast beef and pudding were so good last night. No leftovers from the pudding, but there are leftovers from the beef and some gravy. I'm thinking of some kind of hash. Or mixing the gravy with chunks of beef and ladling the mixture over freshly baked baking powder biscuits. We'll see how lazy I am.
Thanks, Pam.
Your

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Rubysmama,

Thanks for asking. I am not getting any better. My doctor said something about going to the ER if my IBS does not get any better. I still need to go for a colonoscopy and another test.
Sorry to hear that, muffy muffy . :hugs:

It's chilly here today, so that put me in the mood for soup. So chopped up some veggies, and added them and a can of kidney beans and other stuff to the crockpot, and soup is cooking. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
with a little picante sauce
What brand of picante sauce?

You really need to figure it out !!!! Maybe this will help get you started.
Thanks. I'll try...

Next week's meal kit
That sounds so good, except I would need Thousand Islands dressing for the salads. I just can't get into any other dressings.

For dinner I had a vegetarian meatball sub. It was okay, but I didn't like the bottled pasta sauce I used. It said Garlic in the title and it was way too garlicky.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight I'm having Ramen noodles. Because I am, for some particularly wierd reason, CRAVING THEM!

But Sunday, SUNDAY, I am making a bacon-wrapped meatloaf. The only question is, should I make mashed potatoes to go with, or should I make a Yorkshire pudding? EITHER would be good, and there will certainly be enough drippings to make a killer gravy...I'm leaning towards the Yorkshire pudding.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm having Ramen noodles. Because I am, for some particularly wierd reason, CRAVING THEM!

But Sunday, SUNDAY, I am making a bacon-wrapped meatloaf. The only question is, should I make mashed potatoes to go with, or should I make a Yorkshire pudding? EITHER would be good, and there will certainly be enough drippings to make a killer gravy...I'm leaning towards the Yorkshire pudding.
Mashed potatoes are my day with meatloaf. A good gravy and green beans.

That would be my choices.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Go with the Yorkie then make sandwiches with the leftover meatloaf. :yummy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I always go with Yorkshire pudding. We just had pudding with our roast beef on Wednesday.

I was going to have hash with our leftover roast beef last night. Rick didn't get back from work until later and he had to bowl early, so we quickly grabbed sandwiches instead. Will do the hash tonight, I think.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don’t think I’ve ever had Yorkshire pudding.

My husband went out for lunch soifigured he wouldn’t be too hungry for supper. I made a big pot of soup and picked up a turkey bacon ranch sandwich and I figured we could just pick on it all. Well,he came home with two smoked,pulled chicken sandwiches and all kinds of sides. :lol: We’ll have food for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.