What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. The ones with streusel on top look fab! Also savory ones like zucchini, rhubarb, pumpkin. I would love a peanut butter one!

Breakfast: I was glad to finish up those Thomas wheat english muffins. Toasted with butter and Demerara sugar. Also had 1/4 cup freeze dried mixed fruit. I've got their wheat bagels unthawing, I hope they taste better than their wheat english muffins!

Lunch: Knorr pasta sides packet, the one with butter sauce and egg noodles. I added habanero sauce. Pretty good, but I had the heat too high again and it didn't thicken much. I'll try again tomorrow.

Dinner: Taco salad- Aldi sweet potato corn tortilla chips, black beans, rice, salsa, diced tomatoes, onions, taco sauce, habanero sauce, sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese. Good, but it needed more salt.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. Nobody ate dinner tonight? :headscratch:

Breakfast: Simple Truth Oats & Honey Granola- OMG this is so good!!! It has cinnamon & cardamom in it. I added diced up fresh cantaloupe & whole milk. Fabulous. It wasn't quite ripe though. Oops! I have no idea how to tell before I cut into it. I waited 3 days!

Lunch: Knorr Parmesan pasta sides packet with a can of garbanzo beans. A whole can was too much, next time I will use half a can. My technique is getting better! Almost there...

Dinner: Annie's gluten free mac & cheese, Aldi frozen mixed veggies- peas/carrots/green beans/corn, diced tofu with texas bbq sauce.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh. Nobody ate dinner tonight? :headscratch:
Just toast for me last night, so didn't bother posting. :ohwell: Not sure about tonight.

I added diced up fresh cantaloupe & whole milk. Fabulous. It wasn't quite ripe though. Oops! I have no idea how to tell before I cut into it. I waited 3 days!
I was going to type an answer, but quicker to post a video. :biggrin:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't post about dinner last night because our oven is on the fritz. :frown: I looked at the manual first and tried their advice before calling for repair but no luck. A repair service person is supposed to come out tomorrow afternoon so fingers crossed it won't be too expensive and can be fixed. :crossfingers: I guess I will borrow an idea from artiemom artiemom and use the stovetop for pasta tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just toast for me last night, so didn't bother posting.
What was on the toast? That could be exciting. Thanks for the video, Dad said there was a lot of green on it when he chopped it for me.

Breakfast: Thomas wheat bagel toasted- Yuck this brand is terrible at making whole wheat products! Target vanilla almond butter on top. 1/4 cup diced fresh cantaloupe.

Lunch: Stir fry veggie sammich on Thomas wheat bagel toasted, celery, tomato, onion, orange bell pepper, mixed greens, kidney beans, swiss cheese, olive oil, cilantro, garlic parsley salt, jalapeno pepper powder, korean chili pepper flakes, soy sauce, 1 packet stevia, italian dressing, almond flour, habanero sauce.

Dinner: My famous huge dinner plate salad- cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper, onion, mixed greens, kidney beans, provolone cheese, avocado, diced ginger, 1 vegan marshmallow, walnuts, dried cranberries, diced cantaloupe, crackers, sweet potato tortilla chips, chia seed/flaxseed, Aldi red french California dressing.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All day long I have been craving soup,so when we got back from voting,I made a big pot and that's what I had for dinner,along with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.I heated up chicken in gravy and a mashed potato for him ....that's what he wanted.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All day long I have been craving soup,so when we got back from voting,I made a big pot and that's what I had for dinner,along with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.I heated up chicken in gravy and a mashed potato for him ....that's what he wanted.
Soup sounds good. What kind did you have?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soup sounds good. What kind did you have?
I started off with chicken broth(but a person could use veggie broth instead),added a sliced carrot,half a chopped onion,a chopped rib of celery,a teas.minced garlic,a squirt of ginger in a tube(maybe almost a teaspoon),soy sauce,sesame oil(all done to taste ), a half a teaspoon of garlic chili paste,a half a chopped red bell pepper and maybe a 1/4 cup of sliced brussel sprout leaves....found a small baggie of them in the freezer.I just let it simmer for about 30 min and it's done.I have made it before with spaghetti noodles,,but mostly I add as many veggies as I can find.It's very comforting to me,and I had a big mug tonight.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started off with chicken broth(but a person could use veggie broth instead),added a sliced carrot,half a chopped onion,a chopped rib of celery,a teas.minced garlic,a squirt of ginger in a tube(maybe almost a teaspoon),soy sauce,sesame oil(all done to taste ), a half a teaspoon of garlic chili paste,a half a chopped red bell pepper and maybe a 1/4 cup of sliced brussel sprout leaves....found a small baggie of them in the freezer.I just let it simmer for about 30 min and it's done.I have made it before with spaghetti noodles,,but mostly I add as many veggies as I can find.It's very comforting to me,and I had a big mug tonight.
That sounds delicious with all the vegetables and spaghetti noodles. It sure sounds better than the cottege cheese that I had last night.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a gift card to Longhorn and talked about using that for dinner some night. Maybe we'll do that tonight. I can call down to order, do the gift card thing, and then Rick can go down to pick it all up. We've never done curb-side, so I'll have to call down and see how it works. We have gift cards that really should be used up.

Failing that, well, I'm kind of hungry for pancakes, of all things. Or omelets with onions, peppers, and a bit of cheese. With toast. Breakfast for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.