What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Very colourful, but like M maggiedemi , I can't tell what's in the bowls either. Well, other than the blueberry, raspberry, and pecan. ;)
The one on the bottom: base: banana, bright butter, cauliflower, cinnamon, kale, maca, vanilla vegan protein - toppings: bright granola, banana, bee pollen - swirls: pitaya, curcumin, coconut yogurt

The one on the far right: base: banana, mango, pineapple, vanilla vegan protein - toppings: bright granola, bee pollen, dragon fruit -
swirls: pitaya, blue spirulina, coconut yogurt

The one on the left: base: beets, cherries, camu camu, pitaya, strawberries - toppings: bright granola, goji, pomegranate seeds, raspberries - swirls: pitaya and coconut yogurt

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, the peach recall has been going on for a while now. Our Giant store called us to tell us about it; I've been buying peaches whenever we grab a few groceries (I think twice now). Since they have copies of our receipts, I assume they're calling everybody who bought peaches. I bought some nectarines on Friday instead. And a couple plums. I never make anything with them; they don't last long enough! I love the things and they're the best part of summer, IMO.

Leftovers tonight. We have pot pie in the fridge and there's enough for both of us.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had leftover pasta and made this sauteed eggplant recipe. The eggplant dish was really good and easy to make. Instead of the typical eggplant, I used locally grown neon eggplant. I don't know why it's called neon. It's smaller and has purple skin and a white inside and doesn't taste any different from the more common eggplant.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sounds like a green onion is a scallion.
Thank you! I will try to remember that.

The one on the bottom: base: banana, bright butter, cauliflower, cinnamon, kale, maca, vanilla vegan protein - toppings: bright granola, banana, bee pollen - swirls: pitaya, curcumin, coconut yogurt
Oh my, how fancy!

I don't know why it's called neon.
Maybe because it's such a bright, shiny color?

my orthopedic doctor told me i need to be on a high protein diet but i won't get that here.
My doctor wants me to eat more protein too, she said I'm not getting enough on my vegetarian diet. I got some tofu this week, hopefully that will help.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My doctor wants me to eat more protein too, she said I'm not getting enough on my vegetarian diet. I got some tofu this week, hopefully that will help.
Here is a website with some great vegetarian protein sources that also includes recipes to try:
Top Vegetarian Protein Sources

Leftover veggie chili tonight with spinach salad and honeycrisp apple for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday night we had leftover brats on a bun with sauerkraut and onion and he finished up the rest of the potato salad,and tonight we had the rest of the leftover mashed potatoes,buttered beets and I heated up the slices of pork roast the kids sent home with us.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight will be burgers on the outside grill, crock pot beans, potato salad, and angel food cake with strawberries.

You know, for years, I used Rick's mom's recipe for baked beans and they are so good. They're the same beans that his church made for their chicken BBQ dinners that were such a hit in the area. Then I discovered crock pot beans. And that's all anybody wants. I even gave Dear Richard his choice: his mom's baked beans or crock pot. He said he wanted the crock pot beans. Ok, that works.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finally tried the Morning Star Spicy Black Bean burger that I think Kat0121 Kat0121 recommended a long time ago, and I'm happy to say I really liked it. 🍔 Definitely at the top of the list of store bought veggie burgers that I've tried. :yummy:
I agree. It's the best one they make IMO. DD was very reluctant to try it so I gave her a bite of mine. I rarely got to have one after that.The spice is very good. Not too hot. Just enough to wake your taste buds up for a while. :yummy:

I'm having some mojo chipotle marinated chicken and corn.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kale Caesar salad. I added a zucchini bread to my subscription order but what came was honey oat walnut banana bread. I took bites of a slice and tossed it. It was super dry :barfgreen: I have the rest of the loaf in the fridge but I don't know if there's any way to moisten it or turn the loaf into some dessert.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they're my favorite too. I also like the original Gardenburger (so much cheese!), and Morningstar chik'n patties. I do NOT like the original Boca burgers. Ick.

I made General Tso's chicken in the Instant Pot. It's good, but it doesn't taste the same as last time and I'm not sure what I did differently. It's oddly bland even though I added extra garlic and ginger. Idk.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Can you slice a thicker slice and toast it? Put some preserves on the toast?

Leftovers tonight. We have potato salad and crock pot beans left. One hamburger, so we'll do some hot dogs, too.
That angel food cake was so good! It's been a long time. And while the strawberries left a bit to be desired (I think I threw most of them away), what we enjoyed was good. Store-bought berries just aren't that great. Leftover cake and Rick can have the berries.

Status
Not open for further replies.