What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. It's so bloody sticky and warm that I don't even want to think about eating right now. Maybe tuna salad melts? Grilled cheese sandwiches? Yeah, it's Sunday, and I should probably cook. But I just don't blasted feel like it.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't posted much lately, as I am still in "too hot and humid" to want to cook much - Summer mode. So kind of boring, cold food dinners lately....tuna salad, cheese with crackers and fruit, etc. Not very inspired. Plus my appetite diminishes when it's hot.

Yesterday, I boiled a couple potatoes and decided to cube and pan-fry them, then let cool before adding using them in cold potato salad. So yummy, that I ate "pan-fried" potato salad for all three meals yesterday....and got up this morning and made another small batch for today.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Back on topic, invited to the neighbors for dinner tonight so not sure what we're having but she's an excellent cook so I'm looking forward to it.
Well the bbq was moved to tonight instead because the weather was scorching hot and humid yesterday. Today it is mild with much less humidity. :yess: Our neighbor is very accommodating so I'm sure there will be a veggie dish for me. We're bringing dessert and since everyone there is a chocolate lover I picked up a chocolate brownie ice cream pizza from Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're bringing dessert and since everyone there is a chocolate lover I picked up a chocolate brownie ice cream pizza from Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen
oh, SERIOUS drool :yummy: :thumbsup:
:yeah: :yummy:

I had some baby spinach I wanted to use up, so cooked rotini pasta, then mixed with Classico Tomato & Basil pasta sauce, and the baby spinach. I made enough for 2 meals, so will have it either for lunch or dinner tomorrow. For dessert I had a vanilla cupcake with chopped strawberries and blueberries on top. :yummy:

IMG_8948a.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted much lately, as I am still in "too hot and humid" to want to cook much - Summer mode. So kind of boring, cold food dinners lately....tuna salad, cheese with crackers and fruit, etc. Not very inspired. Plus my appetite diminishes when it's hot.

Yesterday, I boiled a couple potatoes and decided to cube and pan-fry them, then let cool before adding using them in cold potato salad. So yummy, that I ate "pan-fried" potato salad for all three meals yesterday....and got up this morning and made another small batch for today.

That is a great idea except for one small problem. Those pan fried potatoes would not have lasted long enough to make it into a salad at my house. :biggrin:

I always add some some diced onion and jalapeno with the potatoes. I have made pan fried potatoes like that using both red skin and sweet potatoes. SO good. It's got it all sweet, savory and spicy. :yummy:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

That looks soo good!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.