What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had fruit and cheese and crackers again. I feel as though I lost 5 pounds over the weekend..have to eat something more substantial today. I'm thinking bacon and eggs for brunch, green salad with blue cheese dressing for dinner with more fruit and Hershey bars. Chips as well.

where's @1 bruce 1 lately?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll be putting together a meal based on using up some packets of velveeta cheese. i much prefer baked macaroni and cheese, don't care for velveeta much.

i'll microwave a potato, while cooking some broccoli on the stove. i'll add a little milk to the packet of velveeta -- so it's not so thick/is a bit more like a sauce. i'll break up the baked potato, add the cooked broccoli and diced ham over it, then some sauce over the top. i'll heat it all up in the microwave until nice and hot. :D

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yesterday, I boiled a couple potatoes and decided to cube and pan-fry them, then let cool before adding using them in cold potato salad. So yummy, that I ate "pan-fried" potato salad for all three meals yesterday....and got up this morning and made another small batch for today.
This is going on my list of "MUST MAKE" foods!

i'll be putting together a meal based on using up some packets of velveeta cheese. i much prefer baked macaroni and cheese, don't care for velveeta much.
HERESY! :flail: Not from the Deep South, are you? My mother always contended that you could tell a "real" Southern recipe because they always start with either "Melt a stick of butter" or "Cube a block of Velveeta cheese. Sadly, I think she was right.

I bought deli roast beef and deli ham at the store Friday, and am currently alternating roast beef with cheddar and ham with swiss sandwiches. It's just too hot to consider cooking anything. I suppose by Friday, I'll be out of both, and back on hot dogs.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i'll microwave a potato, while cooking some broccoli on the stove. i'll add a little milk to the packet of velveeta -- so it's not so thick/is a bit more like a sauce. i'll break up the baked potato, add the cooked broccoli and diced ham over it, then some sauce over the top. i'll heat it all up in the microwave until nice and hot. :D
...and more of the same tonight for dinner -- it turned out really very tasty! and dessert will be a slice of carob cake with whipped peanut butter frosting. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- i don't mind velveeta used in casseroles, and even in some homemade soups and queso. but don't like it for macaroni and cheese, probably because i grew up with baked macaroni and cheese...that was more on the not as gooey-cheese side. :dunno:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Bacon and eggs for brekkie. I'm thinking egg salad for tonight, going to be a hot day. Plus cherries, red and green grapes, more Vermont sharp cheddar, Stacy's pita chips, and maybe a Granny, plus a few mini Hershey bars.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- i don't mind velveeta used in casseroles, and even in some homemade soups and queso. but don't like it for macaroni and cheese, probably because i grew up with baked macaroni and cheese...that was more on the not as gooey-cheese side. :dunno:
Gotcha. I prefer baked mac and cheese myself. It's just...good.

Tonight? BREAKFAST HOT DOGS! LOL, sausage links wrapped in small pancakes...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a savory bread pudding for dinner and it was so good!I chunked up 3 everything bagels,browned sausage,onion and zucchini,then made the custard with eggs,fat free half and half,some garlic and chili garlic paste,grated parm over the top and baked.With a small salad...great dinner.And I have leftovers!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hannah didn't come in yesterday so I made do with fruit, cheese, pita chips, and Hershey's mini bars, Italian ice, and lemonade. I'm really hungry now but scripts need filled as I am out of one of them. Going to have her get tacos from TBell since they open at 6am. Then southern fried chicken breast sammies with bacon for later on and another anti pasta.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It was still a little cooler Monday so I grilled hamburgers and shrimp outside. On Monday we had it with a salad and corn on the cob. Last night was corn and an orzo salad and potato salad that I had picked up. For tonight I picked up everything to make a clam boil, so we'll be having that for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.