What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still deciding. I didn't thaw any hot dogs, so that's out...but I have sharpe cheddar, so grilled cheese sandwiches, maybe? Or I could go full-on decadent and have banana nut bread for supper with caramel-glazed pecan cake for dessert, and a diabetic coma for a late night snack.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few chicken nuggets baked with ranch seasoning (dab of BBQ sauce), a Roma tomato with dill and Italian dressing, and two corn/potato/cheddar pancakes.

I'm growing an apparently endless supply of onion tops from one Texas Sweet onion which was going a little soft. Instead of throwing it out, I plopped it on top of some soil in a planter on the patio and the tops just keep growing like weeds!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I made the fiddleheads but didn't eat them. Yet. I read a few cooking / food web sites that say fiddleheads are toxic if prepared incorrectly :eek3:. I used the Martha Stewart recipe which is a reputable source. The cooking / food web sites say to cook the fiddleheads for at least 15 minutes. The Martha Stewart recipe says about 5 minutes to steam and then a minute or two sauteed in butter. Is maybe 7 minutes of cooking time ok to eliminate whatever the harmful substance is?

Status
Not open for further replies.