What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll have the last (that's thawed) of the sloppy joes, over a baked potato. a slice of Russian Pound Cake for dessert -- later in the evening. :yummy:
I have been really interested in the Russian pound cake,so I found a recipe.Need to get some cherries and walnuts and I will be making it soon.Sounds delish!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the usual Monday laundry this morning. Pulled poison ivy off a tree in back so Himself could hang the two small Arcosanti bells I bought in Arizona last month. My weather station up on the roof stopped displaying any readings this morning so after lunch we both went up on the roof and changed its batteries. As long as we were up there we put the greenhouse shade cloth over the great room sky lights. Then planted 3 Callicarpa bushes that a friend had given me.

Dinner? You want to know what's for dinner? I'm about to go run some chunks of venison and pork belly through the meat grinder and make chili. That's what will be for dinner tonight. And some to "feed the freezer" for other nights too.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken verde - chicken breast cooked with several quartered tomatillo, coarsely chopped poblano pepper and cubanelle pepper, some broth. When chicken was done I shredded it, pureed the peppers & tomatillo & also cilantro. Served over white rice. Also made some verde sauce - a quartered tomatillo, slice of onion, diced, and a little bit of jalapeno pepper: cook for about 10 minutes then puree. Serve on the side. And a beer to drink. Quite nice, if I say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.