What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken is wrapped and thawing in the sink...in room temperature water, with a baking pan full of heavy water placed firmly over the submerged food with a large jar of water sitting on top of that. The roast thief is on the prowl, having chewed through her electrified barbed wire confinement unit (:lol2: yeah sure), so I'm guarding it like a rabid goose defending babies and bread crumbs.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The roast thief is on the prowl, having chewed through her electrified barbed wire confinement unit (:lol2: yeah sure), so I'm guarding it like a rabid goose defending babies and bread crumbs.
:flail:

Saving the bacon for tomorrow
oo, unfair LOL

hmmm. Thawed hamburger. uh, a bag of frozen peas. Can of mushrooms, can of mushroom soup. Yep, that'll do. :yummy:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cassoulet is a major undertaking! I always invite at least another couple to cut down on the leftovers.

Having completed the web site entries for both the orchid show AND the book review I splashed out on dinner.

Costco wild caught salmon with sauteed onion and portobello muchrooms, asparagus, and little oven roasted potatoes for him (we had rice just last night, he said) and rice for me.

Salmon brushed with my go to glaze of equal parts dark brown sugar, grainy mustard, soy sauce, and sherry. Broiled. Asparagus was a little fatter than I prefer so I used a vegetable peeler on the bottom of the stalks.

A glass of malbec for me as a reward for finishing the entries.
We adore leftovers,but I also have a very dear friend who doesn't cook very much,so when I have extra,she gets a goodie bag.
Chicken is wrapped and thawing in the sink...in room temperature water, with a baking pan full of heavy water placed firmly over the submerged food with a large jar of water sitting on top of that. The roast thief is on the prowl, having chewed through her electrified barbed wire confinement unit (:lol2: yeah sure), so I'm guarding it like a rabid goose defending babies and bread crumbs.
You have a roast thief too?lol...mine is named Donnie,and everything has to be screwed down as he carries his own hammer!Gotta love 'em!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick had made hamburgers the other weekend and he did them on the outside grill. We had two leftover that we put into the freezer. Well, we got them out last night and I did them on the stove. And I took some beef and barley soup out of the freezer to go with the burgers. Good supper.

Tonight is taco night. He is really hungry for tacos. He took some ground beef out of the freezer last night and stuck it in the fridge to thaw. He loves tacos.

Status
Not open for further replies.