What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Sautéed a buncha veggies (mushrooms jalapeño, onion, summer squash, peapods) in turmeric, curry, adobo, & chili powder, threw that over a nice pan-fried steak (thanks for the steak, favorite boss!) garnished with some cilantro grown from seed on my windowsill!
Goooooooood lord. Supper's ready.
IMG_20190227_190441_212.jpg
If your sinuses are a little stuffy, come on over--This'll fix you up right proper!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sautéed a buncha veggies (mushrooms jalapeño, onion, summer squash, peapods) in turmeric, curry, adobo, & chili powder, threw that over a nice pan-fried steak (thanks for the steak, favorite boss!) garnished with some cilantro grown from seed on my windowsill!
Goooooooood lord. Supper's ready.
View attachment 275656
If your sinuses are a little stuffy, come on over--This'll fix you up right proper!
I've suddenly come down with the sniffles :crackup::crackup::crackup:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Garden club this morning. Garden clubs function on food. Usual fresh fruit, some deviled eggs (or are you Southern and refer to them as "dressed"?), quiche, etc. Back home, wasn't hungry. (Wonder why . . . ) Lunch was soup. Confession - from a can. So dinner had to be better.
Steak Dinner_2019-02.jpg
Hanger steak rubbed with red vermouth and olive oil before grilling, a portobello mushroom cap grilled along with the steak, little shredded potato cakes, and broccoli. I had a generous glass of malbec. Just to finish off the bottle you understand. It wasn't enough for two glasses. Dessert was Breyers chocolate mint ice cream.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Garden club this morning. Garden clubs function on food. Usual fresh fruit, some deviled eggs (or are you Southern and refer to them as "dressed"?), quiche, etc. Back home, wasn't hungry. (Wonder why . . . ) Lunch was soup. Confession - from a can. So dinner had to be better.
View attachment 275659 Hanger steak rubbed with red vermouth and olive oil before grilling, a portobello mushroom cap grilled along with the steak, little shredded potato cakes, and broccoli. I had a generous glass of malbec. Just to finish off the bottle you understand. It wasn't enough for two glasses. Dessert was Breyers chocolate mint ice cream.
Sorry, I could never ever eat meat cooked like this. The picture is beautiful though.
Tonight I have some fresh trout I will cook for myself. There is enough chicken left from last night for hubby. I will probably bake a potato for us and cook some green lima beans to go with it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mushroom and Veggie Fried Rice | Stop and Shop

Mushroom, kale, cauliflower rice, edamame, peas and corn, brown rice. You can mix and match other veggies. I use spinach instead of kale. I omitted the cauliflower rice this time because I just don't care for cauliflower. I think next time I'll add in browned sausage meat or other ground meat.
I made a version of the Mushroom & Veggie Fried Rice tonight.

I used onion, garlic, mushrooms (just the white button ones), edamame, corn, spinach (instead of kale) and rice. Just used Minute Rice, as that's all I had. Didn't bother with the cauliflower rice, or peas. And didn't have any toasted sesame oil, so just used soy sauce. Turned out pretty good. Leftovers too. :yummy:
IMG_8136.jpg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I fixed mashed potatoes ( butter,cream cheese and bacon),sauteed some chicken breast(salt,pepper,garlic powder,chili powder and zatar) and minted peas.Talk about comfort food!Cats were interested in a taste...they wanted potatoes of all things!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Got the mac and cheese made in time for Rick to enjoy some before he left for bowling. Leftovers tonight, with a salad (nothing fancy, just lettuce, onion, celery, carrot, tomato, strips of red pepper, and pecans). I bought a new (new to me, that is) sweet & sour salad dressing that I want to try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The veggie stir fry makes a lot for just one person. I still have a container in the freezer to pull out for lunches or dinner.

Still working on those slow cooker cheese nachos. I do plan on making something new this weekend. I borrowed the ATK cookbook on one pot meals from the library. I flipped through it and saw a few interesting ones that aren't hard for my skill level or require equipment I don't have.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The veggie stir fry makes a lot for just one person. I still have a container in the freezer to pull out for lunches or dinner.
I didn't follow the amounts from the recipe, but just added a bit of everything as I went. It made a little over 3 cups, so good for 3 servings for me. I'll have another serving tonight, and put the 3rd in the freezer for another meal.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to try making the philly cheesesteaks from the Americas Test Kitchen (ATK) cookbook (same as LTS3 LTS3 mentioned above, except this version has different recipes :) )
Dieting here so no bread, but I'll do up a spaghetti squash, and another new thing is I (finally!) bought some fresh mushrooms thanks to inspiration from @doomsdave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.