What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Scrambled eggs are especially good ( I think) with a little milk and sharp cheddar cheese mixed in.
No milk, so I had to use water. No cheese either. But, nonetheless, my scrambled eggs and toast hit the spot. :yummy:

.Tonight I think we'll have leftovers unless someone asks about having pancakes...ahem:)
Mmmmm.... pancakes. :yummy:

Just a reminder, everyone, Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Day, is Tuesday March 5th.

(Breakfast for dinner is the thing with all the cool kids on TCS, right? :hyper::lol2:)
Hmmm... does that mean I'm a cool kid? :headscratch:

In all my years on this planet, one thing I have never been accused of is being cool.
Yeah, me either. :lol:

I'm accusing you as of this moment.
:cool2: :cool2:

That's you and me, being cool. We're even wearing sunglasses. :D
Do I get a pair of sunglasses too? ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover mushroom veggie rice. I'm going to start the beef mixture for the slow cooker cheesey tots tonight so I can just dump it into the cooker tomorrow with the rest of the ingredients. I'm going to use half sweet potato tots and half regular. I don't have cooking spray but will rub oil inside the pot to keep things from sticking.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a lot of Amish people near where I live and they make the best old-fashioned dinners. My sister and b.i.l. and bringing a chicken dinner for me with mashed potatoes and green beans and homemade rolls. No fancy but oh so tasty.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely you're much cooler than I :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
I bet you've never dropped a skillet on your big bare toe, yelled and bent down to pick it up and slammed your head into the oven door on the way back up, have you? (This is 100% not hypothetical ;))

We, and by we I mean my wife, decided we need to roast 3 kinds of potatoes with a bunch of vegetables and onions in olive oil, and I didn't complain. My contribution was suggesting we add a clove of garlic, so I'm feeling mighty important :agree:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We tried out a new Mexican restaurant for lunch: chimichanga for me, enchiladas for him. That will be our big meal today, and we’re so stuffed that we probably won’t have anything this evening. We’re definitely going back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds yummy. What's all in it?

Mushroom and Veggie Fried Rice | Stop and Shop

Mushroom, kale, cauliflower rice, edamame, peas and corn, brown rice. You can mix and match other veggies. I use spinach instead of kale. I omitted the cauliflower rice this time because I just don't care for cauliflower. I think next time I'll add in browned sausage meat or other ground meat.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diaphragm / hanger steak brushed with a marinade of soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and a little sugar, then broiled. Very grainy cut. Delicious.

Basmati rice. Made extra for another meal.

Green Giant Steamables Asian Medley - carrot, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn. Not bad, just not good. Will not be buying it again.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diaphragm / hanger steak brushed with a marinade of soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and a little sugar, then broiled. Very grainy cut. Delicious.

Basmati rice. Made extra for another meal.

Green Giant Steamables Asian Medley - carrot, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn. Not bad, just not good. Will not be buying it again.
Was there anything else in that steamable asian medely besides the veg?
We bought something that looked and sounded great. The ingredients (potatoes, meat, vegetables) were great, but there was so much sugar :barfgreen:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely you're much cooler than I :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
I bet you've never dropped a skillet on your big bare toe, yelled and bent down to pick it up and slammed your head into the oven door on the way back up, have you?
Well let's see, no skillet but I dropped a frozen bagel on my big bare toe, took a pizza out of the oven only to have it slip and slide across the kitchen floor not once but this may have happened twice. :biggrin: Then there was the time I put the microwave on for 20 minutes with no baked potato in it. :doh: I'm sure my kids remember more cooking mishaps but these are a few that come to mind.

Leftovers tonight, i.e. pasta casserole with side salad, coconut milk ice cream sandwich and honeycrisp apple for dessert. I told DH we're eating out Sunday. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.