What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a big pot of vegetable soup with ham cooking on the stove now. We will have gluten free cornbread muffins with it. I am looking forward to is as we have not had any this winter. Back in September during the hurricane, we had generator problems and I lost the containers of leftover veggies I had saved through the summer for soup.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies and gentlemen...

The pizza tonight was Very Good :thumbsup: I think the toppings were 2 inches thick!
Once I peeled Baby Girl off my lap for the 16th time, we had a nice pizza dinner and the cats got chicken and liver, and the dogs got turkey, tripe and liver.
Never feed tripe on a too-full stomach :barfgreen:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Ramen carbonara amped up beyond just the parmesan, bacon & egg... Went crazy and tossed in chicken, garlic, baby portabellas, tomato, fresh basil, oregano, & parsley. Good gawd it's good. Hard to photograph, but good.
IMG_20190217_191645_480.jpg
20190217_195241.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick has requested meat loaf for dinner tonight; I took the ground beef from the freezer yesterday to get it thawed. I'm going to make my vegetable rice to go with it and we'll have some snap peas, too. Not sure about dessert yet. You know, I may just make some homemade chocolate pudding....you just can't go wrong with homemade pudding.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did end up making the sloppy joes yesterday, and some of that was my dinner -- most of the rest is in containers and will be labeled and moved to the freezer today.

so i'll have sloppy joes served over a baked potato for dinner tonight, likely some raw celery pieces with blue cheese salad dressing as dip too. and a slice of banana bread spread with a little margarine for dessert -- later in the evening. :yummy:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish pie for us tonight.

Ramen carbonara amped up beyond just the parmesan, bacon & egg... Went crazy and tossed in chicken, garlic, baby portabellas, tomato, fresh basil, oregano, & parsley. Good gawd it's good. Hard to photograph, but good.
View attachment 274666
View attachment 274668
I could use some of that right about now! :p Looks delicious.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well I just did a quick check of the freezer, and noticed that I'm low on bacon drippings, so I'm going with bacon sandwiches.

Yes, I freeze bacon drippings. I have an icecube tray that holds just a hair over a tablespoon per cup, so I freeze the drippings, put them in a plastic bag, and keep them on hand for cornbread and such. LOL, I also keep a supply of frozen buttermilk, for the same reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.