What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to fix brats,buttered little potatoes and green beans,but....it was good weather here so hubby kinda overdid himself in his bees.He was more tired than hungry so we had some Italian wedding soup and he had half a meatloaf sammie and went to bed.Last night we had pizza and I had a salad.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And for Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , I understand that chili improves with reheating, at least that's been my experience.
It certainly does! There are a few dishes I make that taste much better after they've been allowed to sit and think about things for a day or two, including the chili and my beef stew.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. YES, I AM cooking, stop that laughing!
You cook more than I do! :bliss:

I don't know what dinner will be. A tuna sandwich and some veggies? The steamfresh bag stick in the microwave kind of course. A sub from Wawa with veggies on it? Decisions. :think:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It certainly does! There are a few dishes I make that taste much better after they've been allowed to sit and think about things for a day or two, including the chili and my beef stew.
Spaghetti or anything with tomato sauce to me is better after it has a day or two to sit in the fridge. Chili is outstanding after 2-3 days!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. YES, I AM cooking, stop that laughing!
No laughter here, that sounds very tasty!
Since we're fogies and leave Valentines Day to the younger crowd, we're going to heat up some soup and watch corny old re runs and just sit around and talk about how old and boring we are. Wait a minute, that's what we do most of the time :crackup:

Funny side note that shows how simple we really are, I thawed some beef heart for all the dogs and cats (that was a sinkload :crazy:) for tonight and we're laughing because we're feeding heart on Valentines Day. Either we're clever, or sick.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight it was Western-style ribs with corn, lima beans, and home fries. Nothing fancy, but then, Michele and I don't do fancy.
Neither do we, for us at least :wink: Those are my kind of eats.
We put shredded chicken and some other goodies into a slow cooker this morning and the smell that hits my nose every time I walk into this place drives me nuts. If I drool anymore I'm afraid my wife will think it's a medical condition :crazy:
This recipe might make the final pass, it's easy, delicious and is hands off thanks to Mr. Pot, who's a bit of a crock.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this morning, i *think* i saw another serving of lasagna still in the fridge. if so, i'll heat that up; if not, then it'll be another serving of ground chicken burrito casserole. i'll have some raw celery pieces with blue cheese salad dressing as dip, and dessert will be a slice of banana bread with a little margarine spread over it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.